Friday, October 23, 2009

"Ease on down, ease on down the road"

I just got back from walking a 1.3 mile neighborhood route. Months ago this walk was my usual one, and it seemed long and hard. I was quite proud of myself when I went that far. In July it still took me about 30 minutes to do it walking as fast as I felt I could. Lately I've been walking over two miles regularly and over 3 twice, so this walk isn't even something I've done for awhile. I got home later than usual and didn't walk yesterday, so I was determined to get some exercise in for today. So I went out the door determined to do this short walk as fast as I could. I even...wait for it...jogged a bit. Three separate little stretches, not even a half a block long each time, but it was actual jogging. Today I did the 1. 3 miles in 24 minutes. I was sweated up inside my sweatshirt and breathing pretty hard, but I was very happy with myself.

1 comment: