Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Mighty Migraine

This is the fourth one this month. Ouch. In fact it began around 9:10 a.m. with the usual bright white jagged line and by 10:10 a.m., I had had enough of being at work. I was sitting in my classroom when the jagged white line left my field of vision, but in its place was a pounding headache, nausea, and the feeling that I wanted to keep my eyes closed. It seemed a little embarrassing and rude to keep my eyes closed in the classroom. I didn't want the kids or the teacher to think I was sleeping in class, so I got up and signed out and went home. I got in the car at 10:30 and just sat with my eyes closed for awhile. I couldn't face driving the twenty-three minutes to get home right away. I called Mark on the phone to let him know what I was doing, then I pulled out about 10:40. I got home shortly after only to find my cleaning lady was there today instead of tomorrow. Oops. So I explained to her what was happening, and she was very understanding. I didn't feel like talking; I felt like curling up in the fetal position in a darkened room. Now it's 1:35 p.m. and I do feel better. I slept for awhile and then ate the Subway double turkey salad that Mark brought home for me. Ironically my RealAge.com daily email today was on headaches and identifying the type of headache. I just took their quiz. Gee whiz! What a surprise! It said there was an 80% chance that my headache was a migraine. My doctor has already said that! What is unusual today is that it is the fourth time this month, the length of it, and the amount of pain, light sensitivity, and nausea. I really don't need this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment