Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Using Peer Trainer

I really enjoy getting little presents. The daily emails from friends and family, the daily emails from online support groups like peertrainer.com, and the comments left on my blog are like getting little presents every day. I have just joined a new program from the peer trainer site. It's going to concentrate on emotional eating: mindless snacking (one of my downfalls!), night eating, binging (and we all know I have admitted to that), and other issues. When I signed up for this new series of emails and voice messages, I actually got a personal email back from the owner of the site, Jackie Wicks. Wow, was I surprised. It was just so wonderful to know that she is out there and really cares about who is reading and using her website. If anyone reads this blog and needs a boost, give Jackie Wicks and peertrainer.com a try. And NO, I don't know her or get any financial benefit from mentioning this. I just like it. I have now listened to the first in the series. A lot of what they said fits me to a "T": eating as you are cooking dinner, leaving work and running to fast food to eat on the drive home, eating alone with the TV, behaving all day through breakfast and lunch but losing all control later in the day. YUP. Been there and done ALL of that. YUP. I think I signed up for the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. Great news on the weight loss. Sorry to hear about the migraines. The body is an amazing thing. Hopefully they'll figure out the root cause. Also - it's great to hear about the peertrainer.com. It's always easier to accomplish a goal when you have people rooting for you and you have a support that you personnal enjoy.

    Keep up the great work!!! And the blogging!

    ReplyDelete