Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Maya

Mark and I are aware that this is a minor holiday, barely celebrated or acknowledged, in Mexico, but in the U.S. it's HUGE.  Mexico briefly beat France in 1862.  Yay!  Let's celebrate.  Let's not remember that one year after that win, France came back and beat them again.  Well, they don't speak French in Mexico, so I guess in the long run it was still a victory for Mexico.  Mostly it's a reason for restaurants to sell lots of margaritas!

To celebrate this year, we are going to lunch at San Angel Inn in the Mexican pavilion at Epcot.  This is the indoor restaurant, which is truly beautiful.  We have had dinner there a few times, but we've never had a lunch there.  I'm looking forward to it.

For dinner Mark is making a diabetic-friendly Mexican casserole.  That will be far healthier and probably just as tasty as anything we eat in the San Angel Inn today.

Yesterday we went to see the new Spiderman 2 movie and then to Epcot for the Starship concert.  The movie was great, but the concert wasn't balanced.  The instruments drowned out the two singers, which was sad.  The good thing was we ran into Barb and Al and two of their friends back in the American pavilion.  It was fun to have a chance to hang with them for a little while.

My weight this week has not changed.  I'm 250 this morning, down .7 from last Monday.  Not good.  I snacked on nuts all week.  Nuts!  I LOVE nuts!  I used to shun them because of diverticulosis, but now doctors aren't sure that matters.  I have stuck my hand in the nut bag way too often. 

At least I walked a lot this week, and I went to water aerobics twice.  Without that exercise, I probably would have put more weight on.

The countdown is now 68 days to the wedding!  That's about nine weeks.  If I stick to the plan, I could lose 18-20 pounds tops in nine weeks, making the best I could do 238 for the wedding.  I feel like I wasted the entire year, and I did.  I yo-yoed up and down a LOT in this year, as low as 232 and as high as 281.  That's ridiculous.  Well, I can't beat myself up about it.  I have a lovely dress that will fit fine if I weigh 238 or 250 or anywhere in between.  I can only try to do my best.  Honestly, that means keeping my hands out of the nut bags between now and then.  LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment