Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Doing the right thing

I did the right things yesterday for sure!  I ate 1330 calories.  I logged it all into the Lose It! program.  I walked 25 minutes (15 after breakfast and 10 in late afternoon).  I did 12 minutes of weight machines.  I did 40 minutes of water aerobics and swam three laps right afterwards.  There's really nothing else I could have done.  Great day!

I have to admit that I was hungry and a little cranky and tired all day, though.  When the body is used to eating whatever and whenever it wants, it rebels a little when two hours go by and it doesn't get fed.  By 5 p.m. I had eaten only 500 calories, so I was definitely hungry.  800 calories came from 6:30 at dinner and then late night snacks.  That's something I need to work on.  I should probably have more breakfast and lunch.  I know I'd feel better all day, but I always crave snacks at night watching TV.  If I eat the calories early in the day, I'll be cranky and miserable between 8 and 11, or worse, I'll be eating more calories than I should when I start eating snacks past my allowable calories.

Today we are heading out to do an hour of line dancing and then a little swimming to cool off.  I hope to take a walk or two in the late afternoon or early evening, also.  I am planning my calories, and I hope that I stick to it.  One thing I do remember from all my years of dieting is that the first few days are the worst while the body tries to adjust to less food.  After a few days, I won't feel as hungry all day.

Time to head out to line dance1  Enjoy your day wherever you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment