Friday, May 23, 2014

fugeddaboutit

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, all perfect days.  Thursday?  Fugeddaaboutit.

Thursday started off very well.  I had a normal breakfast, and I went to water aerobics.  Then I came home for lunch, but Mark wasn't back with the groceries yet.  Because we were going out to an early dinner at 4 p.m. with the Solivita Disney Fan Club, I didn't want to wait to have lunch too late, so I didn't have tuna on salad as planned.  Instead, I had several kinds of shredded and grated cheeses on there.  It was delicious, but more calories than a little can of tuna.  Then I screwed up.  The old urges to graze came over me.  I found the bag of BBQ Almonds and started eating mindlessly out of the bag while I watched Survivor on the DVR. Afterwards,  I estimated I ate about four servings, 680 calories.  Then after all that saltiness, I craved a sweet.  I ate some dark chocolate and some Jolly Ranchers left over from the airplane trip.  All in all, lunch added up to about 1300 calories.  Unfortunately, that is my whole day's allotment.  Ridiculous.

Then we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios and met up with the club for dinner at Mama Melrose.  LOL!  I wasn't even hungry, but it was a Fantasmic Dinner Package, so it was a prix fixe type of thing: appetizer, entree, shared dessert, non-alcoholic drink.  I ordered the vegetarian minestrone soup, which was delicious but way too salty, as the appetizer.  For the entree I ordered the margherita flatbread pizza.  It was just okay, but bigger than I expected.  I took one small dessert and gave Mark a bite.  If you know me at all, you KNOW I didn't leave anything left over.  I started out not hungry since it was only 3 hours after I ate 1300 calories for lunch, but I ate it all anyway.  I was so full that I could barely walk away from the table. 

Geez...another failed day.

The rest of the time we had a blast!  We went to Muppet Vision 3D, the new 15 minute special 3D preview of Maleficent, Star Tours, Great Movie Ride, Captain Jack Sparrow, and Fantasmic in amazing seats with the dinner package tickets.  Our group was about 25 people.  After dinner, we stayed together with a few of them, including a new person who had never been to the Studios.  It was fun to do these old favorites with someone seeing them for the first time, especially Fantasmic.

You know you can tell you ate too much when you can eat at 1 p.m. then at 4 p.m. and nothing else the rest of the night, go to bed feeling full, and wake up not hungry.  At least for me. I almost never feel like that! 

Today I will be doing water aerobics again.  Then tonight we are going to see a production of High School Musical here in Solivita by a local high school.  Should be fun.

I have programmed today's calories, and if I stick to the plan, it will be 1100 calories, including a delicious Super Food Chicken Salad and skinny Whiskey Sour Mark is making for me for dinner.  Not too shabby!  I haven't looked at a scale, so even though I had a bad day yesterday, I'm hoping that the next three days will make up for it.  I hope to show a nice loss on Monday.  We'll see!




No comments:

Post a Comment