Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tourist Tuesday

Mark and I are trying to institute a new thrill in our weekly routine, Tourist Tuesday.  Not counting the Tuesday in Vero Beach, this is our first one.  It means doing something touristy in our state.

Today, after morning line dancing, we are picking up friends Susie and Ed for a trip to Maitland.  First stop is lunch at the kosher deli.  Mark and I ate there on the day we took the autotrain home from Maryland in April.  It is fabulous.

After lunch, we are going to do some museums and walking around in the area.  Then we have tickets at the Enzian Theater to see the movie The Double.  We will be having dinner while we see the movie.  It's a fun place, and it always shows movies that are very hard to find anywhere else.

Yesterday was great.  I sang with the Guys and Dolls at the Memorial Day event.  It was delightful.  It's so "home towny" feeling.  It was great to hear the speeches and see local ROTC HS students get scholarships.  Then I won four games of Mah Jongg!  We did everything we planned to do: sing, play Mahj, do water aerobics and weight lifting.  Rain was threatening, so we skipped the walk.  I got a bit out of control in the later afternoon and night time, grabbing two handfuls of peanuts and extra squares of dark chocolate, so my calories rose up to 1750 for the day.  According to my app, the exercise accounted for the extra calories, so I wasn't over my allotment.  I usually don't like to add the exercise calories back, but this time I was glad I had them.

I didn't put the scale away, so I got on this morning. I stayed the same.  I'm ok with that.

Today's calories will be ridiculous. I'm not going to try to record them in the program.  It's just too hard with unfamiliar restaurant food.  I will try to make reasonable choices and do some line dancing and a lot of walking around in Maitland.  I hope that means that I'll still be the same tomorrow. Of course, the higher sodium amounts could mean a brief gain in water weight.  I'm not worried.  I know that Wednesday will be another great day with all my meals at home, water aerobics, weight lifting, and walking.  Any extra water weight will be gone by Thursday morning.

We are also excited this morning because we booked our RT flights to South Dakota for our summer vacation visiting Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, Custer National Park, the Badlands, and other historic places.  Mark and I have really been enjoying our driving tours of western states.  This is our fifth one.  We have completed our tours of Kansas, Nevada, California, and Arizona already.  Next summer is probably going to be Oregon.  Lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment