Thursday, May 1, 2014

Back down

As predicted, I am back down the same three pounds again, 248 this morning.

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  I took an after-breakfast walk for 15 minutes with Mark.  I did 40 minutes of water aerobics, and then no more exercise.  For some reason my left shoulder was hurting during the water aerobics, so I didn't go lift weights.  I took Advil and stayed home instead.  I ate pretty well, although I didn't log anything in.  I ate too many almonds, so the calories might have been a bit higher than they should have been.  Still, I'm back down those three pounds and weigh the same as I did last Friday.  It would be nice to drop a few more by Monday, so the week shows a good loss.

Today has two sets of challenges.  We are leaving at 10 a.m. to head to Plant City for the annual NARFE picnic.  Mark is bringing his 7 Layer Dip and chips. I hate the dip, but I love the chips.  I signed up to bring a dessert, so Mark got some cookies for me to bring. I love cookies.  Until I get there I have no idea what else I can eat.  People signed up for paper products and side dishes and dessert.  The chapter is providing pulled pork and barbecued chicken from a caterer.  Well, clearly, Mark and I are not eating either of those things.  Mark is planning on making his dip his main dish for lunch because it has beans, cheese, and avocado in it.  I have no idea what I'm eating, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be carb and fat heavy, protein light.  Not good.

Then at 7:30 tonight we are going to another wine tasting party.  Tonight it's Pinot Noir, so even though I paid $10 to attend this, I don't plan to drink any of those wines.  I already know I don't like dry reds.  There will be plenty of snacks available, though. Hopefully, I will have had a nice dinner that Mark makes before we leave and don't snack too much.  The good news is the people hosting this have a pool in their lanai, and we are all invited to swim if the weather is nice.

Tomorrow I have my six month check up with the medical oncologist. I had the blood drawn last Friday morning. I expect it to be another great check up.  Apparently, I didn't write a blog about that visit last time. I just checked. It was November 1, and there is no blog for that.  A few days later, I reported weighing about 236, so I will show a significant weight gain in her office for those six months.  Sad.  Of course, she never comments on that.  She never seems concerned about it.  That's the primary care doctor's concern.  In her office, I showed a nice loss for the six months.  It's all about timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment