Saturday, May 10, 2014

Convention is Over, but we still feel in vacation mode.

Mark and I enjoyed the three days of the NARFE convention very much.  We attended all of the general sessions, 4 break-out training sessions (Mark actually led one of those.), and 2 banquets.  I sang the "Star Spangled Banner" to open the first general session, and "God Bless America" closed the entire convention at the end of the final banquet Thursday night.  I really felt honored to sing those at a state level convention.  I received a lot of compliments from many of the convention goers, but even more importantly, the lady who asked me to do this was pleased.  She is also the newly elected president of the Florida federation for NARFE.  Unfortunately, Mark was not able to get a good picture of me singing.  Oh, well....partly my own fault because I forgot to bring my camera, and the cell phone just couldn't capture it.

Yesterday we left the hotel around 10:30 after a leisurely morning.  We spent the afternoon at the Cove, working in the library for our usual 1-4 p.m. shift and then relaxing and swimming by the pool.

This morning we both decided we were still in vacation mode, so we are skipping shul.  We took the 15-minute, after-breakfast walk, and now we will settle down for some TV and more relaxing.  Eventually, we will go to the gym for weight lifting and more walking.

My weight is 250, so I was pleased with that this morning.  I just spent four days eating all my meals in restaurants, and I didn't always make good choices.  I ate both of the delicious desserts served at the two banquets, and except for some walking to and from the convention area and our hotel room, there wasn't much exercise.  To be down one pound after that isn't too bad!  LOL!

Today I feel in control and ready to behave and make good food choices.  I'm not sure about any days after that because there is Mother's Day, 5 days on vacation at the Disney Vero Beach Resort, and then a quick two night trip up to Maryland for Emily's wedding shower.  I will definitely record Monday's weight before heading to Vero Beach and then again the following Monday after all of that vacationing.  I'm hoping that there will be plenty of exercise on the beach to counteract some of the eating!  We also plan to pack our own breakfast and lunch food to eat in the room.  We will have a microwave and mini-fridge.  It will save money as well as calories.  


No comments:

Post a Comment