Monday, May 19, 2014

Wedding Shower and back to reality

We finished up our trip to Vero Beach with a naturalist walk down the beach Friday morning before Mark drove me to the airport for a quick flight to Baltimore.

There were a lot of phone calls and shuffling of who was going to drive me here and there because I was supposed to stay with one friend, but that fell apart when she went into the hospital.  I ended up having Lowell drive me to almost everything and staying in a Laurel hotel on my friend's free points.  It all worked out very well and my friend is better and went home from the hospital yesterday.

I had dinner out Friday night with Lowell and Emily.  Saturday morning Lowell drove me to Rudy's house, where all my shower gifts were waiting to be wrapped.  Phyllis drove me to the shower and then she and Saul took me out to dinner at the vegetarian restaurant Great Sage.  It was delicious, but I ate too much at all those meals.  Lowell and Emily took me out to lunch Sunday at Red Robin and then dropped me off at the airport.  The flight was about half an hour late, but I got safely to Orlando where Mark picked me up and took me to dinner at Moe's in the airport food court.

It was good to be home, and I slept like the proverbially log last night.

Before I post some beautiful pictures from the trip, I will discuss the bad news, my weight.

It's so easy to delude myself.  I knew I was eating too much.  All the restaurant meals were delightful, but I did not always make good choices.  I had cocktails and desserts frequently.  I took walks, but clearly not enough to compensate for the food.  Still, I kept telling myself that I was staying the same.  I am such a fool!

The weight is 255.5.  UGH!

That's the highest I have been since last summer.  I was upset a few months ago when I hit 251 and then got back on track.  I went from 251 down to 232 last fall.  Now I'm at 255.5  That's a five pound gain for the week since last Monday when I reported I was 250.4.

None of this is at all good since the wedding is now only 54 days away.

Nothing to do now except my best. I've clearly NOT been doing my best, so I've got to change my habits.  As always, there are many challenges between here and there.

OK, enough doom and gloom over gaining more weight.  Here are some more pictures from the trip.

Emily was radiant at the shower, so I can only imagine how beautiful she will be at the wedding.

Emily and her mom





Phyllis, Evey H., Emily, me, and Kim

Lowell and me at lunch

The Happy Couple!



Last day at the resort, waiting to go on the nature walk

The naturalist, Barbie, passed around an egg casing from a conch shell

Mark and I are standing by one of the two loggerhead turtle nests on the beach.

Love this painting in the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment