Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Vero Beach is beautiful

Mark and I like beaches, and we've gone to many.  So why did we both get sunburned yesterday?  LOL!  Stupid.  I've had worse, and so has he, but we were still stupid.  I sprayed him, but missed spots. He's blotchy on his back today.  I sprayed my arms and legs a bit, stayed under a hat all day, and sat under my umbrella most of the day.  Haha!  My chest is bright red because I forgot about it and took three long walks up and down the beach during the day.

Needless to say, I have already put on lots of lotion this morning before I even venture out of the room.

Our room is spectacular, very big, L-shaped, views on three sides.  Spectacular.  We would definitely come back here and request the same room again.

We went to a lovely, hour-long lecture on sea turtles last night.  Loggerheads, leatherbacks, and green sea turtles all use these miles of beach along Florida's Treasure Coast, which includes Vero Beach, to lay their eggs.  This is the time they start coming up at night to lay the eggs.  Then the babies hatch 60 days later, late summer into fall.  We actually saw a marked nest yesterday on our walk.  That was cool.

There are also three restaurants, mini-golf, and a pool here.  It's beautiful.  And best of all, the internet is FREE!  I think the info we heard about it costing was outdated.

Here's a few pictures from the last few days.

On the way down we stopped at the McLarty Museum to see about this.



Then we went straight to the resort.

Beautiful lobby

View of bedroom area from the balcony door

Crazy big entrance hall, making the L shape with the bedrooms.  Mark is stocking the fridge with our breakfast and lunch food.  This just shows the place needs more furniture!

Dinner Monday night at Green Cabin with a pomegranate mojito.

Mini-golf has a small fee and is Peter Pan themed.

We went to the campfire sing-a-long.

Setting up our campsite on the beach Tuesday morning.

Fun in the waves and sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment