Thursday, June 18, 2015

Beef O'Brady's

I have only eaten in Beef O'Brady's three times since we moved to Florida.  Until then, I had never seen or heard of that restaurant chain.  It's a sports bar/restaurant casual place.  The first time, Mark and I stopped at the one in Kissimmee for lunch.  The only thing I could find to eat was a vegetarian rice bowl that had melted cheese in it.  It was okay, but I was sure it was very high in carbs and fat.  Mark had that, also, so I don't think there were any other choices.  I said I didn't want to go back there.  That store later closed and turned into some Mexican restaurant.

Still, our NARFE chapter holds its Board meetings at the Beefs in Lakeland.  Mark was on the board long before me, and he would go by himself.  In 2013, I took a position on the board, so I had to go to the meetings, too.  In two years, I was only available to attend twice.  Yesterday was the second time.

Fortunately, they had the same Big Catch Salad that I got a year ago.  It was FABULOUS!  A very large piece of tilapia (choice of lemon grilled, blackened, or fried) on a bed of romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion rings, and croutons.  Choice of dressing, but anyone who knows me knows my choice is always NO dressing!  It was delicious and only $9.99.  The coffee was also very good.  That was the only choice of lunch that we could eat on the entire menu, but I'm okay with that.  I don't need choices.  I do much better with only one good choice.  This was low carb, low fat, and highly delicious.  Beef O'Brady's just got bumped up to one of my favorite lunch places.

When we got home, I napped about 40 minutes, practiced my SOJC music, had a great dinner of leftover soup that Mark had made, and went to the rehearsal.  Great day!

Today we are heading up to the gym around 10 a.m., and then our friends, fellow Disney fans Barb and Ed, are picking us up to go to the Kona Cafe at the Poly for lunch.  I hope I find an appropriate lunch choice there like I did yesterday.  I actually lost another half pound yesterday, 272.2 this morning.  I was pretty excited.  I would really LOVE to get out of the seventies and stay out forever!  It is just so much harder to lose weight now.  It's a struggle every day.  Seriously, in Maryland, going to work plus not entertaining or eating out several times every week, made weight loss SO much easier.  Maybe being in my 50s instead of 60s helped as well.  Not an excuse, just an observation.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the 1/2 lb loss :) That lunch sounds delicious! I love tilapia :)

    - Bella (pancinthefatso.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bella Trix. Welcome to my blog. I have to ask, Are you a Harry Potter fan? Guessing from your blog name.

    ReplyDelete