Wednesday, June 17, 2015

NARFE and Choir

First, yesterday's report.  GLORIOUS.

Mark had a lot of NARFE things and other things to do around the house, so I left at 10 a.m. and went to water aerobics alone.  I was the only attendee with the instructor.  That was weird, but we went through the whole 45 minute routine.  Then I swam laps for 20 minutes.  I stayed poolside for lunch, which I brought from home.  I read an entire issue of Time magazine, played games on my phone, and swam some more when I got hot.  Around 3:30, Mark joined me for swimming and relaxing.  We were home by 5 p.m. and I worked on my jigsaw puzzle for nearly 90 minutes before eating dinner and watching TV until bedtime.  It was nearly a perfect day in paradise!

Today we are heading over to the Beef O'Brady's in Lakeland for our NARFE chapter's board meeting.  I only did this once before, but I think I had a tilapia salad.  I'm hoping they have the same thing again.  This morning I am down another pound, 272.9.  That makes me pretty happy.  Tonight I will be going to SOJC choir, so that means less time to snack in the house! 

Tomorrow we have lunch at the Kona Cafe.  We have had breakfast and dinner at that restaurant in the Polynesian Village Resort at WDW many times, but this is actually going to be the first time for lunch.  I have no idea what the lunch menu has on it.  I hope something that won't pile on the pounds!  It will also give us our first look at the new lobby.  It has been under renovation for close to two years, and now we will see it completed.  With any luck, we might even get a peek at one of the new DVC studios if it's allowed.  At least we can walk out to the lake and see the bungalows from a different perspective.  I have watched them under construction from over at the Grand Floridian and from the ferry to Magic Kingdom.  It should be fun to see them up close.  There will be pictures of it for sure in Friday's blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment