Monday, June 15, 2015

Trying to get back to normal

My weight this morning is 274.  That is officially a gain of 4.9 pounds for the week since last Monday, which I did not record, was only 269.1 due to the five days of diarrhea.  Saturday morning, I recorded that I was up eleven pounds, up to 280.1 after so much eating on Thursday and Friday.  I did a little better on Saturday and Sunday, not perfect, but better.  I must have because I dropped 6.1 pounds in those two days.

As I said in a previous blog, misquoting Dorothy, "Weight comes and goes so quickly here."

Mark and I went to the last day of the five Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios yesterday.  James Arnold Taylor, voice actor extraordinaire, was the host, as he has been for the last five years.  He voices Obi Wan in a cancelled Disney cartoon series and now voices Ezra in the new series on Disney XD called Star Wars Rebels.  The main three guests were Ray Park, who played Darth Maul.  We saw him last year, as well, and he is a most entertaining guest.  New for us this year were Peter Mayhew, Chewbacca, and Frank Oz, Yoda and many Muppets.  Both were just extraordinary and made for a wonderful weekend.

We also had Fast Passes for the new and improved Great Movie Ride, which was a lot of fun, Star Tours, and The Little Mermaid show.  We also were able to go to Muppet Vision 3D and stayed for the fireworks.  AWESOME fireworks! 

We ate the veggie wrap and house made chips for lunch.  I also had the tomato basil soup.  For dinner we had the salmon, broccoli, and quinoa/couscous with the no sugar added strawberry parfait.  Between the two meals, it was SO HOT that I ate a frozen lemonade.  Yum.  There was a lot of sweating in the heat and walking around. I guess that's why I dropped some weight, probably mostly water.

Now it's a new week.  I have three occasions to eat out.  We are having lunch out on Wednesday with NARFE at Beef O'Brady's, lunch out on Thursday with friends at Kona Cafe, and lunch AND dinner out on Sunday for Father's Day.  With any luck, I can exercise more and eat less the rest of the week and bring in a small loss this week.  We shall see.

Meanwhile, here are a few pictures from Star Wars Weekend!



Ray Park, on the left, was Darth Maul.  Giving a demo to the host, James Arnold Taylor.

Peter Mayhew, Chewbacca.  He was in a wheelchair because he just had knee replacement surgery.

Talking to Lowell on the phone while standing in line.

Frank Oz played Yoda.  His first time at the Star Wars Weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment