Friday, June 12, 2015

Love food too much

Yesterday, Mark gave another great talk at a NARFE meeting about the role of the Florida state legislative chair, which is his current position.  He presented this at the Winter Haven meeting and did a great job.

So I ate at Perkins for lunch two days in a row, and I've come to the conclusion that I do not like eating at Perkins all that much.  They recently changed the menu after I was just trying to get used to them.  Unless I want to eat eggs, there are really no other options.  So I had eggs for lunch two days in a row.  Then we went to dinner at Lakeside, which was AWESOME!  We had not been there in months, or so it seemed.  We joined Jonathan and also ran into other friends while we were there.  Lots of fun.  We shared the appetizer combo.  Jonathan ate the shrimp, and Mark and I shared the mushrooms and mozzarella sticks.  I then had a garden salad and the eggplant parm.  So scrumptious, but then I had the gelato bomba for dessert. I've had that way too many times there because it's unique and delicious and involves ice cream inside of chocolate.  What's not too like?

I do love food.

Tonight we are having Jonathan over for dinner and to celebrate his 68th birthday because his wife is away visiting their newest grandchild, the first grand SON.  Mark has just put his chicken mole in the crockpot.  We will have that with challah, salad, and rice plus some fruit and pareve cookies for dessert.  Should be a lot of fun.  My breakfast and lunch should be ok, eaten at home.

I sure do love food. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment