Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Costco and Calories

We took the plunge yesterday and joined Costco.  We have been BJs members since we moved to Florida, but Costco sells kosher chicken breasts in a bag as well as marinated salmon, also kosher.  We are hoping that those two items make it worth it because to go to Costco is farther away (and going even farther in February) and they only take the American Express card or cash.  We paid cash yesterday because we have no intention of ever getting an Amex card.  We put EVERYTHING on our Disney Rewards card and use those rewards to buy our two WDW annual passes every year.  The man selling us our membership yesterday told us that they are probably going to add a Visa card next year, so we are hoping they do.

So we were out almost six hours shopping yesterday.  The Barnes and Nobles that Mark thought was in the Florida Mall was actually across the street from the mall.  We had lunch in the food court and enjoyed walking inside the mall for awhile.  Then we drove across the street and got the guide to Disneyland at Barnes and Nobles.  Mark also bought me two great paperbacks for our big summer trip.  Thanks, Mark!

After that we did our Costco shopping, which was kind of fun.  By the time we got home, it was too late to play Mah Jong.  We were out from 10 a.m. to 3:30 in the afternoon.  I had no energy for anything except a nap on the couch.  Around 5:30 Mark went up to the gym, but I was feeling so lazy by then that I didn't even feel like putting my socks and shoes on for it.  I worked on my jigsaw puzzle out on the lanai for a few hours until Mark called me in for dinner.

I ate lunch out at the mall, and it was Chinese food: spicy tofu, mixed veggies, veggie lo mein, and a spring roll.  Lots of sodium in that, I'm sure.  I also bought a bag of snacks made out of snap peas.  They were also quite salty and I ate way too many of them.  So it's no surprise that I'm up three and a half pounds today.  I'm sure it's just water weight.  I plan to behave today, so tomorrow I'm sure those pounds will be gone.

In an hour we will be heading to the pool for water aerobics.  After lunch, I'm finally getting my mani/pedi again.  I had to wait three weeks because Nicole, my nail and hair girl at Nature Hair, was on vacation last week, and I didn't want to go to anyone else.  My toes are starting to hurt from growing in, so I can't wait for her to get at them!

It will be a lovely day at the Cove all day.  I LOVE those kinds of days.  Hope you love your kind of day today no matter what you might be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment