Monday, June 8, 2015

Such a wonderful weekend and wedding!

Before talking about the wedding, which was fabulous and Disney magical, I want to report my weight and talk about my health.  My weight is 269.1, which is a loss of 5.4 pounds.  This is totally a result of the constant diarrhea I have experience.

I began to think it was NOT anything I ate.  In fact, yesterday I was convincing myself that it might be C Diff returning and that thought was frightening.  Every time I ate something it made my stomach and gut ache and hurt.  The constant diarrhea did not abate the entire time.  It could be C Diff or it could be a virus.  After late last night, I have had no diarrhea, so that's an improvement.

On the other hand, I am not eating any solid food today.  Coincidentally, today is the day for the colonoscopy prep, which is scheduled for tomorrow morning at the Osceola Regional Medical Center.  Ironic that on the morning that I am not having chronic diarrhea, I'm going to take a prep at 5 p.m . to CAUSE diarrhea.  There won't be much in there for sure since I have been cleaning myself out regularly for five days! 

If it's truly gone today, then it might have been a stomach virus, I guess.  I never had a fever, but I had fatigue and diarrhea and dehydration for sure.  I tried to be sure to drink a lot of liquids.  I enjoyed the wedding and the time with the family despite those symptoms.

So today I'm eating only Sprite, chicken broth, Popsicles, Jell-o, and Italian ices, along with water and plain tea.  Fun times!  At 5 p.m. I drink a 16 ounce cup with the prep liquid mixed in and then TWO more 16 ounce cups of water within an hour.  UGH.  That process is repeated at FOUR a.m.  We will head out at 6:30 a.m. to go to the hospital.  This is my once-every-five-years colonoscopy because of family history.  I think it can also show what's been going on the past five days, too, so in a way this is very good timing for a bowel problem!

Now for the fun from the weekend.  There are over 300 photos in my album, so I'm NOT posting them all here or even on Facebook.  I have circulated the album link to those who were there and my kids.  If you are reading this and would also like to have that link, just let me know by private email, private FB message, or a comment at the bottom of this post.

I'm going to post one or two pictures today from each "event" that took place over the entire weekend.  We checked in on Friday, ate lunch in the room, shopped on the Boardwalk, had dinner at their new Italian restaurant, and then went to Pop Century to meet up with Arnie and his daughter Marlene.  Mark took them to Downtown Disney for a few late night hours, but I was ill and went back to the room alone. Saturday we chilled at the pool until the wedding and the reception.  Sunday we checked out and picked up Arnie and Marlene for an afternoon at Downtown Disney before taking them to the airport.  Here are a few pictures from each day.


Last time we stayed here was July 1, 1996, opening day.


Dinner at Trattorio al Forno was excellent.

At the Pop Century for some coffee before Mark went to Downtown Disney with them.  I wasn't feeling well enough, so I went back to the room.  You can see the strong family resemblance between Arnie and Mark.

Fun at the pool!



Heading into the Wedding Pavilion.


Beautiful pavilion inside.  We were the first to arrive.

Cousins Row!

Bride Mariya and Groom Craig.

Stomping on the glass at the end.

Drs. Craig and Mariya Spergel

Oh, yes, it was a fairy tale Disney wedding, including the Cinderella coach pulled by white horses.  Well, actually four ponies.

Inside the reception area at the Boardwalk resort.

Cinderella cake topper

Marlene and me with the special surprise guest!


Mark with some cousins:  Paul and Nancy on his right, Allan and Vallee and Arnie on his left.

At Downtown Disney on Sunday.

On the boat heading back from our lunch at Old Key West's Olivia's restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment