Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

I have to run out of the house very soon to start the fun for Mark's Father's Day at WDW.  There will be details and photos tomorrow.

Today I wanted to post some pictures of my own father, the Rev. Dr. Billie Getson Meese, who passed away in August of 1988.

I wish I had time to write more about him, but I don't.  I will have to put that off for another day.  I do have time to post a few photos that I took this morning from old photo albums.

Here he is teaching science at Brooklyn Park Jr-Sr High in MD, somewhere between 1952, when I know he started, and 1956ish, when I'm guessing he took the job in Laurel at the D.C. Children's Center.  I think of all the jobs he ever had, he loved teaching the most.

Daddy with me at my wedding in December of 1975.

Not sure where or when this was taken, but he looks very happy here.

Sitting in the living room of his home in Pasadena after marrying Jackie, probably taken in the mid-'70s.

Summer of 1980, holding his grandson Lowell.

Spring of 1987, holding his granddaughter Evey.

No comments:

Post a Comment