Saturday, June 13, 2015

Ditto from yesterday

What great food we had yesterday!  Mark put up the chicken mole in the morning, but he didn't want to use the chicken neck.  I boiled that neck up in a pot with some chicken bouillon, carrots, onions, celery, and rice.  Voila!  Two big bowls of chicken rice soup that I ate for brunch.  It was delicious and very filling, so for lunch I only ate fresh cherries.  Then we had the fabulous dinner.  It started with falaffel chips and garlic hummus, of which I ate more than Mark and Jonathan put together.  It was great.  Then we had raisin challah, wine, salad, the chicken mole, brown rice, and spinach.  For dessert, I bought a peach banana bread at a local farmer's market and put three candles in it for Jonathan.  It was his 68th birthday!  We also had a fruit salad and Raspberry ChocoVine dessert wine.  Wow!

And what's my reward today?  Up another three pounds.  So since Monday morning, when I hit the lowest due to the five days of diarrhea, I am up ELEVEN pounds today.  Remember that quote from the Wizard of Oz after Dorothy sees Glinda leave in a ball of light?  She says, "Oh, my! People come and go so quickly here."  Well, for me substitute the word "weight" for "people."

Today there is a b'nei mitzvah at our shul.  One family, two girls.  We actually know this family because they live over here in Poinciana.  Our plan was to get up early and go get a good seat.  Hm...Plan B is now in effect because we both overslept.  Mark woke me up at 8:30 after he just got up!  Going to the pool sounds good instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment