Friday, June 19, 2015

Kona Cafe

We had a wonderful day yesterday with Barbara and Ed.  Lunch at the Kona Cafe was delicious, and we expected nothing less from a Disney Resort restaurant!

I overate.  No surprise to those who read this blog regularly and/or know me personally.  I often don't do well in restaurants.  There are only a few choices at that restaurant if you are not eating meat.  I had the parsnip and ginger soup for an appetizer.  I highly recommend that.  It was a smooth, pureed soup with a delightfully interesting flavor. Then I had the Pan Asian Noodle Bowl with Tofu, also delicious and full of vegetables.  It was also full of sodium, so I'm up a pound and a half today.  Well, that's no surprise.  Later I had a Dole Whip from the new Pineapple Lanai kiosk on the first floor of the resort. 

We enjoyed our time with Ed and Barbara.  They are easy to talk to and fun to be with.  I'm glad they moved to our neighborhood and on our street!

Once we got home, I didn't go out again, but Mark did the grocery shopping.  i just sat and watched TV from about 3:30 until 11:30.  I ate a good dinner that Mark prepared, but I ate too many cherries and raisins as snacks in the late afternoon.  UGH.  They actually upset my stomach.  Foolish me!

Today we are heading to the pool for water aerobics, lunch poolside, and then our three hours in the library volunteering.  Tonight Mark is making a kosher Italian sausage dinner for Shabbat.  I hope it doesn't take too long to make because we won't get home until 4:30 and at 6:30 we are heading out to shul.  Tonight they are having our friend Ezra play guitar at the beginning of the service.  This is the first time SOJC has ever had a guitar as part of the service, so we don't want to miss it.  Since we're going to shul tonight, we will skip it tomorrow morning.  Tomorrow we'll go to the gym and probably exercise on our own at the pool.  The temperatures are HIGH right now, running at or a bit over 100 for the heat index.  Good time to be indoors or in a pool!

Here are pictures from the Polynesian Village Resort with our friends Barbara and Ed.

View from the front door all the way to the back.  Very open and airy lobby.

Water fall and Tiki god in the center

Mark and Ed entered the lobby after parking the car.

Barbara and I were waiting for them in these very comfortable chairs.



The new place for Dole Whip is outside the back door of the lobby.  No air conditioned space to eat other than going back in the lobby, which is what I did.

Looking over the balcony on the second floor down at the new lobby. 

The 2 BR DVC bungalows on the water out on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment