Saturday, August 18, 2018

A month of work down the drain.

This morning I weighed 273.4, the same as July 17.  I have undone an entire month of dieting.

It wasn't just the breakfast at Egg City, although that was part of it.  I tried to log it in and got over 1,000 calories just for breakfast.  I ate a sensible, low-cal lunch, but then dinner was ridiculous.  Happy hour shot of whiskey, way too much challah with margarine, and then I was just out of control.  I ate 2/3 of a big box of Corn Flakes out of the box while watching TV followed up by 150 calories of ice cream.  Insane.  Out of Control.

Well, today is another day.  We are eating all of our meals at home, and I'm going to try to stay in control  I logged in my new weight to the app to be honest.

We are going to synagogue this morning even though there is a Bar Mitzvah.  We often skip it on those days because it's so crowded, and we don't know the family or the kid; however, today is my dad's yahrzeit, so I'm going to say Mourner's Kaddish.  We plan to leave right away after and not stay for the lunch. We will pack our lunch and eat in the car as we drive over to a Kissimmee rehab facility to visit a friend. George broke his foot by falling in his house.  Since he is elderly, on a walker, and lives alone, the doctor would not release him from the hospital to go home, only to a rehab center. I'm not sure how much longer he will be there, but he has been in about two weeks so far and is going a little stir crazy.

Then we'll be home the rest of the day and night, packing and getting ready for our trip off to Amelia Island tomorrow morning.

We had a marvelous time with Kim and Roger yesterday.  Breakfast was delicious and fun.  Then we drove them to Solivita for a little tour and hung out in the house for a few hours just talking and catching up.






No comments:

Post a Comment