Saturday, August 4, 2018

Hi Evey and Eric!

It was a long day yesterday, but we arrived about 11 p.m. local San Jose time.  Evey and Eric came out to the driveway to meet us, and we were so happy to give them a big hug.

We were up until after 2 a.m. our time, so when we finally got to bed, we slept like LOGS until 8:30 a.m. California time.  I hope we are now acclimated.

Evey is busily baking four pans of brownies for an Apple party and four dozen black and whites, so the house is smelling SO GOOD!  She actually only baked the black and white cookie part.  She will be freezing all of these things and icing the cookies later.

Today we are just relaxing all day, but there's a party across the street tonight at 6:30 that we will all go to.

I hopped on Evey's scale this morning.  It was 268.9.  I was not too surprised. First of all, I was wearing my nightgown, which I know adds about half a pound.  Second of all, no two scales register exactly the same.  Third, I had nearly 2500 calories and 3800 mg of sodium yesterday.  That alone would account for it.  Today I'm going to be strict at home and try to be very good at the party tonight. There will be cheese and crackers and other nibbles plus lots of wine, according to Evey.  I'll count this as dinner and be very strict before I go over there.  Also, it's right across the street, so we can go home whenever we want.  It's a neighborhood street party, sort of.  Apparently, several neighbors take turns about once a month doing these parties where the wine will flow very, very freely!




No comments:

Post a Comment