Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Chilln' in San Jose

Today Evey is at work at the hospital and Eric is working from home in his den.  Yesterday was his last day at the original Apple campus.  The rest of this week he is working from home or taking  a day off because no one is allowed back in their offices due to the movers getting everything out.  On Monday he will start at Apple Park, aka The Ring, where we took the virtual tour on Sunday.

So....it's a quiet day at the Gaertner Estate.  Mark is working on some NARFE stuff on his computer.
I have already chopped green peppers, cucumbers, and carrots for tonight's salad bar dinner.  Later I'll chop some red leaf lettuce, slice grape tomatoes, and chop hard boiled eggs as well as put out canned chickpeas and green peas along with shredded Mexican blend cheese.  We will all make fabulous big salads for dinner followed by a fire in the backyard fireplace with special cocktails Evey is going to make.

I have finished one book and have started another.  I've watched some TV and sat in the sun in the backyard with the dog for awhile.  It's been a low key day so far.

This week has been bad for my diet, but I haven't tried too hard.  My LoseIt! app says that I'm over my week's allotment already by 3300 calories!  LOL  That will be hard to undo.  Today I should be within my daily allotment as long as I don't eat what I didn't program so far.  And I'm not promising not to do that!

It's so nice in Evey's house.  Their house is just so incredibly beautiful and it's so easy to relax in it.  It must be working great for both of us because Mark's blood sugar and BP have been perfect every day.  No stress here!

Well, well, well...thank you Eric and Mark for showing me how to get photos from my phone into my new laptop and ultimately into the blog!  Here is one of me and Evey at her neighbor's party on Saturday night and one of the four of us at the rooftop overlooking the new Apple Park with me holding my new laptop.  Wow.  I can finally do pictures again in the blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment