Thursday, August 30, 2018

End of conference, Fort Caroline, then home.

We got home around 9:30 last night, tired but happy.

This morning I jumped on the scale to see how much damage I did.  I left the house 11 days ago weighing 270.6, and this morning I weigh 274.8, a gain of 4.2 pounds.  Actually that wasn't was bad as I feared.  Today I hope to be back to my normal eating habits with all meals at home and drop a little tomorrow morning for my official Friday weigh-in.

This morning I played Mah Jongg (won only one game), and after lunch we got all of our papers together for the China Visa application.  I drove it over to the FedEx drop box this afternoon, so that's a good feeling to get that chore done.

The final day of the convention was a four hour marathon business meeting including awards presented to outgoing board members, installation of new board members, Alzheimer's reports and other business type reports, Memorial service for members lost in the last two years, etc.  We sat with Bill and Pat, Laura, Evelyn, Franklin, and Terry, all NARFE friends from Florida that we have been attending NARFE events with for the last eight years.  It ran until 12:30 and then we ate lunch in the restaurant in the hotel that we had not tried.  I had blackened mahi mahi tacos and fries.  Tons of sodium.  We had planned to go to Denny's for dinner, but we ended up going to Sweet Tomatoes instead, which had so many delicious soups, all full of sodium, I'm sure.  lol

Here are some pictures from the final meeting and our visit to Fort Caroline in Jacksonville.


Selfie with me and Pat.







Forst Caroline Visitor Center in Jacksonville.



Getting another passport stamp.


Beautiful view St. John's river, outside of Visitor Center

Entering the fort, a re-creation on a site probably near the original.  






No comments:

Post a Comment