Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Jet Lag. Such fun.

We are home.  We are tired. The flight home, San Jose to LA and then non-stop LA to Orlando, went very smoothly.  The first flight was delayed about a half hour, but they made it up in the air somehow.  We left right on time out of LAX and arrived a half hour early in to Orlando.  Still, it meant getting into our house about 1 a.m.  By the time we got things dragged into the house and suitcases unpacked, we didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. local time.  The alarm went off at 7 a.m. as always.

It's weird that Mark is tired because he slept five hours and that's what he usually does. I usually sleep 7 to 8 hours a night, so five hours is not enough for me.  I really feel it.  The time shift seems to do something to your body that magnifies that lack of sleep even for someone like Mark.  We don't have time for this today because our day is completely full right up until about midnight tonight.  Ugh.  Maybe I can catch a little nap sometime this afternoon while Mark is writing articles for NARFE.

Okay, here it is, the weight report. This morning I weighed 270.6, an even four pounds gained in eleven days.  Well, I'm not too upset about this because, after all, I gained eight pounds in three days on the Buffalo weekend. THAT was shocking.  THIS is to be expected.  I ate what I wanted and enjoyed myself.  I feel confident that I can knock these four pounds off in a week, starting tomorrow because tonight we have dinner at Narcoossee's!

I will have my usual breakfast and lunch at home today, which will help.  We are also heading out for water aerobics this morning. That's going to burn a couple hundred calories right off the bat.

After tonight's dinner out, we will eat all of our meals at home through Sunday's breakfast.  Then we head to Amelia Island, St. Augustine, and Jacksonville for a total of another eleven days gone from home.  I want to get these four pounds off by Sunday, so that I can put them back next week.  HAHA!


No comments:

Post a Comment