Sunday, August 5, 2018

Loving it at Evey and Eric's house

E and E have such a beautiful home that it's no wonder they call it The Gaertner Estate.  It's a magnificent home.  They have now lived here for a little over two years, and they continue to love it and improve it.  I'm so happy for the two of them.

Kiwi is our amazing, beautiful, fun-loving grand-doggie.  Playing with her every day is a joy!

Yesterday we just stayed home until about 6:30 and then walked across the street to the neighbor's party.  Not all of her neighbors came, but we met several of them.  It makes me even happier that her neighbors are so nice and care so much about each other.

I watched my food at the party and logged it all in.  I watched it as the calories went over my limit.  LOL  I also had two glasses of wine and one vodka cocktail!  I admit that I was a little looped as we walked home.  LOL  All in all it was a lot of fun at the party, and we stayed there until 10 p.m.

This morning I weighed one pound less than yesterday, despite the party food.  I was 267.9 this morning, which made me kind of happy.

Today we are going to get a tour of the new Apple campus in Cupertino, lunch out at a hummus and falafel place, and then tour the NASA Ames Visitor Center.  Eric is moving to the new campus very soon, even though it means a slightly longer commute, less convenient parking, and maybe a less convenient office space.  He seems to have mixed feelings about the move, although the round, tire-shaped building is quite the show place.  We are interested in seeing it finished now since we did drive past it a few years ago as it was going up.

Before we go, Evey has to make some more stuff for her baking business and continue work on my special birthday cake for tomorrow.

It's another beautiful day in San Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment