Sunday, August 19, 2018

Semi-Good News

I was better yesterday, not perfect, but better.  I went over my allotment of calories a little bit, coming in at 1784 calories; however, I dropped water weight because I was up literally every hour peeing during the night.  This morning I weigh 270.6, which is exactly the same as this past Tuesday morning when I checked after our trip to Evey's house.  So this week went up and then down and ultimately stayed the same.  I guess I'm okay with that knowing what I ate this week.  lol

This morning we are heading to Amelia Island for three nights.  On Wednesday we check into a two bedroom condo in St. Augustine for four nights, and then next Sunday we are going to the Hyatt Regency in Jacksonville for three nights for the NARFE FedCon18, a new format conference replacing the biennial convention.  We are pretty excited to be heading out to explore parts of old Florida that we have not seen before as well as to attend the FedCon.  Joe Theisman and Henry Winkler will both be there giving keynote speeches.  That's pretty cool!

I'm taking my laptop and will always have wi-fi, so there may be blogs.  It just depends on how much time I have available to write.

Since we are driving, I'm also packing my scale to keep an eye on the weight.  Our plan is to eat hotel breakfasts, Subway lunches, and Denny's dinners to keep my calories on track.  We can't do that at the conference, but I'll just do my best there.  We hope to have one good dinner in a nice restaurant one night on Amelia Island and once in St. Augustine.  I'll consider it a success if I come back with no weight gained or lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment