Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gonna have a good day!

I got up this morning determined to have a good day! There has been only one disappointment so far. I wanted to go out and do my 5K Sunday again. This is the last Sunday that I could have done it for at least a month since the surgery is tomorrow, but it is very cold and raining pretty hard. Not a good day for walking outside, and the malls won't open in time for me to go there. That is a minor issue. It's still going to be a good day.

So far, I have cooked and eaten a really delicious breakfast. It was much bigger than usual, but I will not be eating lunch today. Mark made his usual Sunday morning breakfast which includes leaving me three low-carb pancakes on a plate before he leaves for the synagogue. These pancakes are from the Big Train company pancake mix. Three good-sized pancakes are 190 calories and 7 carbs. Usually I eat them with my three Morningstar links, but today I splurged. I fried two real eggs in Pam (140 calories) and cooked 6 strips of Lightlife Smart Bacon Strips (soy) which are 20 calories each (120 c.). I also had 2 T of Smart Beat Lite Margarine (100 c.) on the pancakes and my usual container of yogurt (90 c.). The total calories for this HUGE breakfast is 630. I haven't eaten that much for breakfast in 10 months!!

Oh, well, there will be no lunch because we are leaving at 11 a.m. to go up to Baltimore to see the new Disney on Ice show. That starts at 12:30. I'm guessing we'll get home around 3:30 or 4. I have a friend coming over then to clip the bunny rabbit's toe nails. Later, my son is coming over to have dinner with us and share his vacation photos. Last night Mark made a Hungry Girl vegetarian chili with only 120 calories per cup, which I can eat with salad (120 c. with parmesan cheese sprinkled on it). That will still keep my daily calorie total at 870 and leave room for a banana and some sugar-free popsicles later tonight.

I am mildly concerned that the chili might be too spicy and too gassy to eat the night before surgery, so our other alternative is to go out to Denny's. I love going there, and that's where we ate a lot of our dinners throughout our summer vacation. I can get the Denny's Senior Lemon Pepper Tilapia dinner. I leave the lemon pepper sauce off the fish, take no dressing on the salad, order a double order of string beans for the two sides, and sometimes I even eat the garlic toast. If I we do that, the dinner is about 700 calories, possibly less. Even eating out, I would have only 1330 for the day.

After midnight, nothing by mouth until after surgery. I don't think I'll feel much like eating anything tomorrow, so I'm not really worried about having over my target number of 1200 calories per day. If I eat out, I might still eat the banana and popsicles (170 calories) making today's total 1500.

Yes, I'm determined today will be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment