Saturday, April 23, 2011

Disney World with Frank




Friday was a LONG day, but it was a great one. We took Frank to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios at WDW. He had never been to either park. Because it was Passover, we had to pack lunch and dinner in a cooler and eat in the car. That was a little hard because the meals came so late, but we had plenty of bottled water with us in the parks. We walked and walked and walked! We certainly got our exercise.

This morning we went to shul, and I was able to bench gomel. That's a special prayer for when you have come through a serious illness or accident. Wednesday I finished my radiation treatment; therefore, I am done my cancer treatment. I felt it was appropriate to say the special prayer, and the shul was nice enough to let me do it. It felt good.

When we got home, we all slept about two or three hours! We must have needed the rest.

Tomorrow we are taking Frank up to Altamonte Springs to Kosher Kat's. He is friends with the owners, so he is looking forward to seeing them. Then it is off to Epcot where we will hear the Nelson Tribute band. The band includes Ricky Nelson's twin sons who will be singing their father's songs. Except for having to pack a picnic lunch and dinner again in the cooler, it will be a lot of fun. It's so much easier to go to WDW when it is NOT Passover. We told Frank to come back for Hanukkah so we can go in all the great restaurants with him!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to being there next year!! My spring break is March30- Aril 9th. Passover starts in the Frdiay night the 6th
    We will be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you and your friend had lots of fun at Walt Disney World. I hope that things are going well for you this weekend. I am glad that you were able to bench gomel and thanks for explaining what that is. I hope that you have a wonderful time on your travels with your friend today.

    ReplyDelete