Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Frank's Last full day with us.






It is Yom Tov again today, the last day of Passover and a day to say Yizkor, the special memorial service for our loved ones who have passed on. We all went to the synagogue this morning. We felt that the cantor there did a meaningful Yizkor service. Frank actually cried as he remembered his beloved wife Alice. I felt that it was a moving service in general. Everyone there put great effort in to it.

After services, Frank wanted to walk around Downtown Disney and pick up a few presents for some people. We had a nice time watching him decide what to get. We went to World of Disney and also Basin, two of our favorite stores. We also stopped in Ghiradelli and got the free chocolate. That always makes Evey happy! Mark and I didn't eat or buy anything, but we enjoyed watching Frank enjoy himself.

Then I stopped at Publix to pick my up F-cream for the breast. I called in the prescription Saturday night and had hoped to make it last until tomorrow morning, but this morning I had trouble squeezing enough out. I knew I would need more before tonight. Sadly, the insurance company didn't think I should have used it all up yet. Publix had not processed it because CIGNA said I wasn't entitled to it until April 29. That's three days away. I am only supposed to use it 8 more days, so I told the lady if I had to wait three more days I just wouldn't bother doing it anymore at all! Then I asked how much it would cost if we kept the insurance company out of it. She said $13. I said, fine, give it to me for that. She said I had to wait ten minutes. ARGH! Mark and Frank were sitting in the car with the A/C running and I didn't want to make them wait anymore. I said I would come back later.

It's frustrating that the insurance company can decide how long a tube of ointment should last. They have no idea what size the area I am covering is. The tube is small and I'm covering my entire breast, half of my chest, and all up under the arm. That's a BIG area!! I do it twice a day, and I can just about make the tube last two weeks. I understand if they give you 30 pills that they don't want to give you 30 more until you only have one or two left, but a tube of ointment after two weeks? Come on!!! Anyway, we are going out tonight to dinner at the home of our friends Jonathan and Susan. On the way there we will stop at Publix and pick up the ointment. I will pay the entire price of $13. When the insurance covered it, I had to pay $7, so I guess the insurance covered about half. We're not talking hundreds of dollars here, so I am happy I am getting it tonight without the insurance.

Enjoy the pictures of Frank enjoying himself at Downtown Disney today. He is flying home tomorrow. We are leaving our house at 6:45 a.m. to take him to the airport. It's been a great visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment