Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Evey!

Today is my daughter's 24th birthday. Happy Birthday, Evey!

She is back in California with her fiance, Eric. I'm sure they are going out to dinner or doing something else special for the occasion. We sent her some presents, so she'll be opening them later today. I wish her everything wonderful for today and forever.

Mark and I have some special plans ourselves today. In just a few hours we are driving to the Gulf Coast, to St. Petersburg/Tampa. We have tickets to see the Baltimore Orioles play the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. The last two nights the Orioles beat the Rays as we watched at home on TV. This afternoon, we are hoping they sweep this opening series with another win. That would be so much fun!

Years ago, we took Lowell with us to a game at Trop Field. We had a great time at the game, and I always enjoyed it when we got to do something with Lowell by himself. Since we were on vacation with the whole family, including Mark's mom, Bernice, it meant leaving Grandma B and Evey back at the hotel. They stayed in our room at Coronado Springs in Walt Disney World because they were not interested in baseball. Evey was probably 10 or so at the time. The two of them had to go to the restaurant together for dinner that night without us. It was a restaurant that we had been in before at Coronado Springs since it was a food court and the main place to eat if you stayed there. All they had to do was walk down there and use their room cards to get a dinner. This was when we found out that Bernice had never gone to a restaurant by herself, or as the grownup in charge, and ordered dinner. She said she was not sure she could do it. Mark and I both were shocked. So we told Evey to be the "grown up" and take care of her grandmother in the restaurant! Evey seemed quite up to the task. As far as we know, they had a good time together in the restaurant.

I hope it's a lovely spring day wherever you are today. It's sunny and in the 80s here again, but Trop Field is a completely closed in ballpark. I guess the air conditioning will be running and the sun will NOT be in our eyes! Ha ha!! No need to worry about using sun screen when you go there, even for the afternoon games like today.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you had a wonderful time at the baseball game today. My daughter just turned 23 in July, but doesn't it just seem like yesterday that they were babies. Being a mom is my favorite thing in the world. I am so glad that you talked about Evey's birthday today. That is very special. I hope that she had a wonderful day with her fiance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Being a mother is an amazing thing. I couldn't love my two kids more!

    ReplyDelete