Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Frank has Flown!





We got up very early this morning and took Frank to the airport. He has already landed back in Baltimore by this time. I hope his flight was good. It was a great visit for everyone. Here are a few pictures of Frank before he left this morning.

We are trying to get the house back to normal after Passover. I spent time rearranging the pantry and now I need to go to the refrigerator and do the same. I had better get that done before Mark gets back with the groceries.

We were good today because on the way home from the airport we went straight to the gym and did our strength training circuit. I added two new exercises to the routine, bringing it up to 8. I may yet add another one or two for the lower back and legs. When we went to the Younger Next Year lecture with Frank on Monday, they said the goal was to do 45 minutes of strength training at least twice a week. I timed myself today, and it was only 26 minutes. Obviously, I need to add some more exercises or sets or something; otherwise, I don't see how I can stretch it out to 45 minutes.

Passover has wreaked havoc with my weight, as always. I'm 252.4 this morning, up three from last week. Of course, last week I was up three, so now it's up six in two weeks. Yet again, I am making a commitment to behave myself. I have been very good today, so far. I'm on track to have only 1245 calories today if I stick to the plan. Later today, Mark and I plan to go to the indoor track for a nice long walk, too. The YNY people said 4 days of aerobic activity of at least 45 minutes plus 2 days a week of strength training of 45 minutes and one day off per week. Mark and I like doing the weight machines three days a week, so at least one of those days will also include the walking. That's going to be today, we decided.

3 comments:

  1. I would not be surprised if you start shedding the weight starting this week. Between Passover and being hostess, you have not concentrated on yourself. Set realistic goals on a weekly basis and you will see a change. Just my 2 cents worth. Looking forward to seeing you for Keter Shem Tov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked with Jeff after choir tonight and he told me Frank was back and had a wonderful time. I can see how happy he looks in the pictures. I am sorry you are still having problems with your insurance - over a tube of ointment - it is so aggravating the way they run our lives. I have ended up paying for meds I needed for trips because they wouldn't pay for them that soon. Good luck with your new fitness plans. I am sure with the holiday over you will be able to stick to your plan. I can't wait to see you on May 7. Love, Nadine

    ReplyDelete