Friday, April 8, 2011

More House Progress

Yesterday we got a few more projects accomplished in the house. I bought a lot of picture hanging hooks at Bed, Bath, and Beyond on Tuesday. So Wednesday I spent about an hour getting a dozen or so pictures up on the walls, which also meant up off the floors. I think it looks very nice! We also bought two ceiling fans with lights: a brown one for the dining room, a white one for the living room. The previous owners took the chandeliers that had been in those rooms with them. With all the craziness going on last year with us, when the agent called to say the owners were taking those two chandeliers (after the signed contract said they were leaving them), we didn't even have the presence of mind to demand something as replacements. So we got empty ceilings instead of light fixtures in those two rooms. I didn't like those chandeliers anyway, but I could probably have gotten ceiling fans in place of them. Oh, well...Mark had $125 in gift cards to Home Depot. Thanks to all of you who gave him those gift cards for holiday presents. We used them to buy the fans. Now I just need to find an electrician to get them installed ASAP. We had planned to have Home Depot do it until we found out it was $100 per fan. That seemed excessive since one fan cost $100 and the other was only $70. It didn't feel right to spent $200 on installation. I guess after I call some electricians today, I'll find out if this is a fair rate or not.

This post is going to be brief because soon we are heading out early to Kosher Kat's, the only kosher grocery store in the Orlando area. It will take about an hour and a half or so to get there. It will be worth the drive if they have all of the rest of the stuff we need for the holiday. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. Getting your house fixed up more completely is exciting. It will be fun to see more pictures when you are ready. I hope that you had a good trip to the kosher grocery store. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete