Monday, April 4, 2011

The Last Day for...






driving an hour to look for Passover food. After today, we are ordering anything else we need online. The main things we'd like to find today are margarine, ground black pepper, artificial sweetener, and either tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce. Mark doesn't eat good pasta all year, but on Passover he always craves the really BAD Passover noodles. LOL It would be nice if we could find some Passover sodas, but we can always make iced tea.

We are ordering the seder dinner online. It serves 12 and we will be 3. Do the math! We are eating that dinner for four nights, the first two nights and the last two nights. Ha Ha!! Hopefully Frank is OK with that. We are keeping the rest of the menus simple, so the rest of the ingredients are fresh vegetables, matzo, eggs, fish, and meat. We have the obligatory five pound pack of matzos and the frozen, Kosher for Passover meat. The rest is easy to pick up at the last minute locally. We are NOT buying any of the things that usually jump into my basket at Seven Mile Market: marshmallows, candies, potato chips, macaroons, cookies and pastries, etc. Since they are not here, it's easy to skip buying them. Thank Goodness!

I am happy to report that Evey had a spectacular day on her birthday yesterday. She has posted some beautiful pictures on Facebook and her journal/blog. I might try to snatch a few pictures from there and post them here, if I can figure out how to do it. If I have her permission, I'll give out her blog url, but I don't want to do it without her permission. Sorry. Trust me, she had a BLAST, surrounded by her fiance and their California friends, lots of presents, and a Mickey-head-shaped chocolate birthday cake.

Lowell and his girlfriend Emily are going to the Orioles' opening day game in Baltimore today. I am excited for them. I really hope the Orioles win! The O's swept the Tampa Bay Rays in their three game series down here. They are off to a great start for the season.

Mark and I had a great time going to their stadium, Tropicana Field, yesterday. There are a few pictures of that here. Larry King, of "Larry King Live," threw out the first pitch. We had great seats, too. We enjoyed it so much that we went to the box office when it was over and bought two tickets in the same section for a game against the Angels on May 1. It was an easy two hours and 10 minutes drive down there on easy, scenic roads. Also, parking was easy to get and close to the stadium if you arrive an hour early like we did. Mark had fish and chips for his lunch while I had a garden burger and fries for mine. There was also pizza and cheese quesadillas as other choices for us. There's a museum in there that we did not have time to go to this time, but maybe next time we'll allow time to go through it. All in all, we had a great day.

Well, time to turn off the computer and the TV and head up to Altamonte Springs Publix for our last ditch effort at Passover shopping. This particular Publix has been recommended to us by some of the synagogue members. It used to be a store called Albertson's. Now that sounds Jewish, right? I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes. Of course, radiation #21 is this afternoon. I'm noticing more stiffness and a little soreness in the area. I think that's to be expected, and so far it's not terrible.

Have a great day and keep your fingers crossed for an Oriole win!!

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you have good luck on the passover shopping. I think that stiffness/soreness in the area of radiation is normal. I still get that where I was radiated. I loved all the pictures you posted. Will you be allowed to be on the computer during Passover? Sorry for my lack of knowledge re: this matter.

    I am always happy for the Orioles to win unless they would play the Chicago Cubs. My first baseball loyalty is always to the Cubs.

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you still have stiffness in the radiation area? That's surprising since it's been quite a few years for you. Well, tomorrow I'll see the doctor again and mention it. I also have lots of little red spots popping out today that are totally new. Can't wait to see what he says about those tomorrow.

    I don't think the Orioles ever play the Cubs. I asked Mark and he didn't remember it ever happening either, unless I guess they go to playoff situations. Well, we'll see how the two teams do this year. The O's won again today. I think it's been a really long time since they had four wins in a row at the start of the season. Last year they hardly ever had four wins in a row at any point in the season. They have been just awful for decades! Maybe this is their year to start turning it around.

    Yes, I'll be on the computer just as much during Passover!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Altamonte Springs is where I will be April 18-21

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin that's Passover. Are you coming down for seders? We will have Frank P. here for Passover. Where are you having a seder? I heard the big synagogue up in that area, Beth Am, is having a seder April 18. If you need a place, let us know! It's only an hour and twenty minutes south to our house.

    ReplyDelete