Friday, April 1, 2011

Lovely day






Several people have asked about my hair. I guess there haven't been any pictures lately that show exactly how much hair I have. I'm beyond the peach fuzz phase. I still feel very, very soft, like Evey's bunny. It's still fun to rub my hands over the soft hair. I included a couple pictures that I took of myself this morning before we headed out for our errands. I hope this can give you an idea of how I look now. I included a picture of me with a completely bald head from December as well as the picture of me in the salon the day I had my hair cut right before the first chemo. Quite a few changes!

We left the house around 10 a.m. this morning. First we went to the local Farmer's Market for some fruits and veggies, but mostly to buy tickets to a show. Our Solivita Show Choir group is called the Starliters. They are having their big spring show the Sunday before Passover, so we bought our tickets. I had a nice time talking to the two of them about the group. They have auditions in August, so this year is out. We are hardly here at all in August, but maybe during the summer of 2012 I'll go out for the group.

Then we went to the gym for our weight routines. Thanks to Evey, I think Mark and I are both working more efficiently on the machines. We do them slower and at the right height. I also added a machine for my legs that she recommended. Mark added that one also. It's good to have an ATC in the family!

Another run to IKEA followed the exercises. I needed to get seat cushions for the dining room chairs. I got them in 3 colors: two white, two blue, two gray. I thought it would look fun! We also had a delicious veggie chili and lemon pepper tilapia lunch while we were there. IKEA's restaurant is cheap and delicious! I highly recommend it if you have one near you.

Next we went back to the Super Target near IKEA. We still need Passover margarine and either tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce. No luck. We picked up some fresh kosher chicken breasts for the next few weeks, but nothing for Passover. On Monday we are going to make some phone calls to a few places. If they don't have what we want, then we will have to resort to mail order for the final things we need for the holiday.

Radiation treatment number 20 was next on the agenda. No problems there. Of course, when I got home, I forgot, AGAIN, to put my aloe gel on the skin. I just remembered now as I was typing the blog. Ah, now I have shmeared the gel on. It's cool going on, then sticky drying up. It doesn't smell real great either, so it's not the best part of the day. Hopefully it's helping prevent dry skin and other radiation related problems.

As we drove home from the cancer center, Mark was looking in his iPhone for recipes to use the Guavaberry liqueur that he bought in St. Martin. He found several, but we didn't have all the ingredients for any of them. A quick stop at Publix took care of that. I'm now sipping a "Dances with Wenches," which includes the liqueur, sugar free cranberry juice, and lemon juice over ice. It's delicious!

Mark is busy making Moroccan Chicken and Vegetables from a recipe we picked up at the health food store. The kitchen smells spectacular while he is working. It's a pleasure to sit at the kitchen table and type this blog while he cooks. He just put the TV on for a baseball game. The Tampa Bay Rays are playing the Baltimore Orioles right now! It's opening day for them. We're going on Sunday to see them, but right now it's on the TV. Such fun!

I have had two days in a row of being careful on my diet and exercising regularly. I have dropped back to 246.5, so I'm pretty happy. Today's calories will be a lot higher than usual due to lunch out, but I think I'll be OK. Nothing really counts until Tuesday anyway. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss. I love the new things I learn from your blog. I would have never knew that there was something called Guavaberry liqueur. That sounds so interesting. I am glad that you get to go see some professional baseball games. I would love to talk my husband into seeing the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley field this summer.

    I heard a good April Fool's joke the other day. I was listening to a radio station in the car and heard the announcer say that the Chicago Cubs were going to be in the World Series this year. I immediately was excited to think that maybe they made some good trades or buys in the off-season and that it was going to be a great season for them. I have been a Cubs fan since childhood. Well they got me--the next comment by the radio announcer was "April Fool's"

    That made me laugh. Have a fun Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha People could say the same about the Baltimore Orioles!

    ReplyDelete