Thursday, April 21, 2011

First day of the rest of my life!

Today is the first day since last June that I can say I do not have cancer. It's truly the first day of the rest of my life, my life without cancer. It's an awesome feeling.

This morning I got up and went to the Solivita Cancer Support Group again. I wore the pink Survivor shirt that Leslie sent me in the fall. Everyone there applauded for me! It's a wonderful group of people. After that, I got a manicure and pedicure at a new local salon. I liked the lady a LOT. She is French Canadian and has a lovely accent! She is the same lady who cut Mark's hair last week. We both liked her a lot and will continue to go to her salon. It costs about half again as much as it cost me in Laurel, but I'm OK with that. I did really enjoy it so much. I went to two banks and bought a few groceries at Publix before meeting Mark and Frank at the ballroom for a lecture on space. We didn't really learn anything and I dozed off during it. Oh, well...

It's been a lovely day, but tomorrow will be amazing. We are taking Frank to the Animal Kingdom and the Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World. He has not been to either park before, so we'll be doing a lot of walking!! Because it's Passover, we can't buy any food in the parks, so I have packed us a picnic lunch of matza, cheeses, salad, nuts and fruit. Our dinner will also be picnic style and consists of cold turkey, matza, salad, more nuts and fruit plus some chocolate macaroons. We have bottled water to keep us hydrated. We never did a picnic at WDW before, so this will be a little something new. I will try to post a few pictures on tomorrow's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you that you are a cancer survivor now and no longer a cancer patient. It sounds like you have a very fun day in store tomorrow. I am glad that your support group is working out so well. Keep enjoying yourself as a cancer survivor.

    ReplyDelete