Monday, April 11, 2011

The Fifth Dimension

Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, Jr., members of The Fifth Dimension, gave an outstanding performance yesterday at Epcot's spring concert series. They opened with "Up, Up, and Away." It was nice to hear a lot of songs that we actually recognized! These two have been married for 41 years. It's nice to see an entertainment couple with a track record like that, too.

We walked, and walked, and walked yesterday at Epcot. My legs were tired when we got back to the car, so I hope I show a little weight loss tomorrow morning. I ate appropriately the last few days. I intend to behave myself today, as well. Soon we'll be heading up to the gym for our weight routines. What I have not been doing is walking every day like I used to two years ago when I started this weight loss project. I hope to get at least a 30 minute walk in today at some point.

This morning I had to go have a fasting blood draw, just a routine thing for the new primary care doctor, but my radiation oncologist is also asking for a copy of it. Hopefully all looks good. I'm usually concerned only about the cholesterol levels! For the first time we used Quest Diagnostics right here in our local neighborhood. They let you make appointments on their website, and it went very smoothly. Little by little we keep finding all the medical places we need.

Also this morning, we had our two ceiling fans/lights installed, one in the dining room and one in the living room. The man worked really hard and charged $175, which was $25 less than Home Depot would have charged. The company was great. They answered the phone promptly, gave us a quick day for the work, showed up on time today, and charged what was quoted on the phone. You can't ask for more than that. This company will definitely get our future electrical business. We got their name and number from a sticker on the circuit breaker box in our garage, so we were just hoping they were good. It turns out this company wired most of the homes in the community when they were being constructed, including our home. That gave us a good feeling, too.

It is going to be in the 90s and very humid here today. I can feel it already. For the first time, our A/C actually kicked on. We have not had to use heat or A/C most of the time that we have been here. Those days are over! LOL Actually this amount of heat is unusual here at this time of year. The news keeps calling it "record-breaking" and "unusual." We wouldn't know! LOL

Radiation is starting to wind down, and that's a good thing. Today begins my last full week of treatment. The whole thing ends next Wednesday. I have 3 more treatments to the whole area, and then 5 boosts just to the tumor site. My skin is pretty dark and speckly, but it is hanging in there OK. I am looking forward to being released from treatment next Wednesday and moving into the "follow up" stage. I'm also starting to think about how I can reward myself at the end of radiation. No meals out! It will be Passover. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment