Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A new week and a little more weight loss

I am pleased to report that my weight is 238.3, which is a loss of 2.4 pounds.  Yay for me! 

That would make me happy except for one thing.  As of Saturday morning, I was 236.5 and I wrote a blog about losing an even forty pounds.  If I had not gotten on the scale Saturday morning, I would be thrilled with a two pound loss for the week, especially considering how many times I ate out and overate.  Instead, I'm upset that I gained 1.8 since Saturday morning. 

This is why I should NOT get on the scale in the middle of the week.  It's a perfect example! 

So now a new week begins.  Today I am eating all my meals at home, but tomorrow we will eat dinner out; on Saturday night we will attend a wine-tasting party with snacks; and on Sunday we are  eating lunch AND dinner out.  I am going to have another fun and busy week, which I love, but it will be a huge challenge to keep the weight loss going.

In general I am now in the scary period.  I have a history of gaining a lot of weight between Halloween and New Year's Day.  I'm sure I'm not alone in this because there are so many holidays and parties.  This time I also have two cruises and three sets of company.  When we have company here in Florida, it always means eating many meals out, often in the theme parks.  Don't get me wrong!  I love my company AND I love eating out, especially at theme parks!  Still, it's a challenge for me.

Saturday, I posted on Facebook that I lost an even forty pounds.  I got so much positive reinforcement for it in the form of dozens of comments and over 80 people clicking that they "liked" it.  I am not posting a retraction now that the loss is a pound and a half or so under forty. I know it will be gone again eventually.  I feel good about my ability to get back on track, and I don't say that lightly.  There have been many times when I could NOT have said that.  I am happily awaiting the day when I can post on Facebook that I have lost EIGHTY pounds!  I just know it will be before the wedding date of July 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment