Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day of Rest

Our day of rest should be Saturday, but today it's going to be Sunday.

Yesterday we had a slow morning, which was relaxing actually.  Rudy and Georganne packed up the car with all of their stuff.  After spending their last full day in Florida at Epcot, they headed to a hotel near the airport for Georganne's early flight home today.  She should be in the air right now as I'm typing.  Rudy is driving up the coast with a stop tonight in Charlotte, SC, I think.  It was a lot of fun having them visit.  I'm glad Georganne finally got a chance to see our house.

I had a rehearsal with the Chimers group from 10 to 11 a.m.  When I got back, Rudy and Georganne were just about ready to head to Epcot.  Mark and I packed lunch and then headed to the Cove for the Nude-a-Palooza concert. It's an all day event of tribute bands to raise money for Breast Cancer research.  We spent the whole day there last year with some other friends, but this year we just stayed for a few hours.  The performances of "James Taylor," "Barry Manilow," and "Garth Brooks" were all excellent.  We ate a picnic lunch by the lake on a shady bench.  After the third performer, we took a little time to relax in the pool and hot tub before heading to Epcot to meet up with the Larsens at the 5:30 concert over there.  We had a dinner reservation in the German pavilion and then staked out a great spot for viewing Illuminations.  We said good-bye to them at the trams to the parking lot and drove home, tired but happy.

So today we are resting!  Well, almost all day. I didn't set the alarm, so I woke up at 8 a.m., which is seriously sleeping in for me.  Eventually, we are going up to the gym for our workout and then to the grocery store to shop for the next few days.  There's really very little in the house to eat right now.  After shopping, we are just going to catch up on TV shows that we missed last week.  What's more relaxing than that???

I was down one pound this morning.  That's encouraging. Yesterday, I ate a perfect little breakfast and lunch, but I did sort of pig out at the German buffet.  Yum.  Of course, there's lots of walking in Epcot to help out with those pig out calories! Today, all three meals will be eaten at home, so the calories will finally be back to normal.  I'm hoping that if I can get back to normal eating habits and regular exercise, those pesky cruise pounds will melt away.  On the other hand, I'm going to a potluck luncheon tomorrow with the Scrooge cast.  I'm bringing a cheese tray, but there will be plenty of other stuff there to eat.  Lunch will be my big meal tomorrow!

I'll finish up today's blog with a few pictures from Epcot yesterday.











No comments:

Post a Comment