Tuesday, October 29, 2013

And now it's Tuesday.

Time flies when you're having fun!

Sunday was GREAT!  We absolutely LOVED the Keys to the Kingdom tour.  It was so well organized that even though it said to be prepared to walk around for five hours, we had plenty of opportunity to sit down here and there.  Even bathroom breaks were planned, plus the lunch at Harbor House was all prepared and ready for us when we arrived.  When it was over, it was revealed that our guide, Michael from Buffalo, was giving his first tour!  "NO WAY," we all said. He was so excellent.  There was lots of applause and a presentation to him of a special pointer stick that the guides use.  Michael had been carrying a pop up umbrella as a pointer!  LOL!  We rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion with no waiting as part of the tour.  I just cannot say enough good things about this experience.  All thanks to Evey and Eric for this fabulous gift.

When we were done saying goodbye to Michael, we went immediately to Town Hall to write him a commendation and bumped into Al and Barbara!  Cool!  We spent a few hours with them and rode Little Mermaid, People Mover, and Buzz Lightyear.  Al gave Mark some tips for hitting the high scoring targets, so he maxed his points to the highest possible, 999,999, while I barely got 22,000.  I can never hit anything in there.  Sigh.

Then we flew over the monorail to Epcot for some dinner at the Food and Wine Festival.  We ate both entrees at the Vegan kiosk, and Mark also had the red wine pairing there.  Then we went to the new Scotland kiosk for vegetarian haggis and the salmon entree, plus the dessert (SO YUMMY!), and a drink.  Mark had the beer pairing with the salmon while I had a Scotch cocktail called a Loch Lomond, also very yummy.  We got home by 7:30 p.m., so it was an awesome day.

Yesterday we slept in!  LOL!!  We were tired from several long days of busy, busy, busy.  We took the time to catch up on our TV shows.  I watched two episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and two episodes of Survivor. We also listened to another hour or so of our next book for the literary talk in November.  This time it is Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I'm sure I read it before, but it's fun listening to it with Mark.  I also had a Starliters rehearsal last night which included dancing, and we went to the gym for our weight routines and a 35 minute walk.  I kept my calories to about 1100 yesterday, too.  Good day!

Today we are heading for line dancing in about an hour, then I have a mani/pedi before heading to a Guys and Dolls rehearsal tonight.

Despite a lot of eating out this week, I am still hoping for a good result on the scale tomorrow morning.  I have had a lot of exercise and very busy hours.  I hope that helps along with yesterday and tomorrow of 1100 calories.  We shall see.

Here are a few pictures of us from Sunday.  Hm...okay...this is new. I have no idea why they are all sideways, but I can't figure out how to straighten them out on this blog. I can straighten them out in Picasa, which is where I always take my pictures.  They are straight when I look at them there, but they were sideways when I first took them off my cellphone.  I guess Picasa doesn't keep the fixed up versions when you go to grab them for some other site.  Oh, well, lean to your left or rotate your laptop!  LOL!


Vegan food using the Gardein chicken and beef products.  Yummy.


No pictures are allowed on the Keys to the Kingdom tour, but we took a picture of ourselves right before we left, wearing our badge and our listening device.



No comments:

Post a Comment