Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Broke It!

I broke out of the 240s.  I lost 4.3 pounds this week, making my weight 239.7.  OH YEAH!  That's in the 230s now!  Whooeee!!  I have not been in the thirties since sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2010.  Certainly never since we moved to Florida.  This is very exciting for me.

Last week I wrote about plateaus.  This is a perfect example.  I lost the same amount of weight these past two weeks, 4.3 pounds, as I did the two weeks before, 4.2 pounds.  The difference was that I lost 2.1 each of those first two weeks, then nothing last week (well, actually a .3 gain), then the whole 4.3 lost this week.  So in four weeks, I'm down 8.2 pounds.  That is fantastic.  Two pounds per month is all any healthy weight  loss program ever wants you to lose.  Slow and steady is the goal.

So now for this week.  It has its own challenges.  Our friend Rudy arrives tomorrow night and will be here for a bit over two weeks, including a five day cruise.  We are eating out at a HEAL meeting pot luck tomorrow night.  We will eat breakfast out with Rudy Friday morning and lunch out on Sunday somewhere.  Right now those are the only three meals out that are currently planned, but when you have company, anything can happen.  Hopefully, the exercise will continue.

Here's a summary of calories and exercise for each day last week:
Wednesday  1310 calories eaten;  146 burned in weight lifting and walking
Thursday      1275 calories eaten:  122 burned in walking
Friday         1347  calories eaten; no exercise
Saturday      1365 calories eaten; 320 burned in weight lifting and swimming
Sunday        1216 calories eaten;  209 burned in walking
Monday       1404 calories eaten; 77 burned in weight lifting
Tuesday       1264 calories eaten;  757 burned in line dancing and swimming

This was a great week!  We even splurged and had lunch out yesterday because I knew dinner was going to be very low.  I'm quite pleased with myself right now.

Today will include swimming, at least a half hour, while Mark is getting a hair cut.  We also have a three hour rehearsal for the play, and we are going shopping. I'll walk around the stores with Mark again.  It will be the third week in a row. He appreciates the company and prevents me from throwing anything into the basket that I shouldn't eat.  Plus I get another hour of walking around, albeit slowly.

I hope everyone out there has a great day!  I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment