Friday, October 4, 2013

Rudy is here.

Our friend Rudy arrived last night around 9 p.m.   He is going to stay with us around two weeks.  His wife, Georganne, is arriving next Thursday and staying a bit over a week.  In the middle of the stay is a five day cruise on the Carnival Imagination to Key West and Cozumel.  Going to be fun!

Yesterday Mark had a rehearsal for Scrooge that I did not have to attend. Instead I worked out HARD, 25 minutes of weight lifting followed by an HOUR of lap swimming.  Yay!  I did that in order to prepare for overeating at a potluck dinner at The Palms with our HEAL group.  Mark's new Mediterranean Quinoa and Edamame Toss was delicious!  It was so much fun to go to a potluck where we knew we could eat EVERYTHING!  There was another quionoa dish (not as good as Mark's), shepherd's pie with veggie crumbles, carrots, asparagus, vegan wheat bread, macaroni and cheese with whole wheat noodles and PAREVE cheese, veggie bean chili, Waldorf salad, arugula salad with goat cheese, bean and cheese enchilada, and too many other things to even remember. I took small amounts of almost everything and then went back for seconds on some of my favorites.

For all that exercise and vegan/vegetarian food at dinner, I was rewarded with a two pound weight gain.  Yes, the scale was still out this morning, and I weighed 241.7 this morning.  Disgusting.  I ate my usual small breakfast and lunch and with all that exercise, my Lose It! program said I could eat 1500 calories for dinner.  That's a ridiculous number, and I didn't think I exceeded that.  I can only assume the gain is mostly water from sodium.  Who knows what the people put in their recipes?  Well, we all did, actually.  LOL!  We had to put the recipes out for all to see!  Of course, I never checked those recipes!  LOL!

Today we are going to Denny's for breakfast in just a few minutes with Rudy.  I can eat egg whites and keep the calories under 400. Then we are going to do our favorite water aerobics class at The Cove, pick up Mark's car (new motor mounts installed, very expensive), eat leftover quinoa for lunch, and then finally do some volunteer hours at the library.  For dinner, Mark is making Beef Burgundy in the crock pot from the Diabetic Living Magazine.  I hope I am down that extra two pounds tomorrow, but I won't know.  Mark was mad at me for getting on the scale this morning and for himself for not hiding it Wednesday night.  I'm sure it will be gone by now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment