Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Off to rehearsal

In about fifteen minutes, Mark and I are heading up to The Palms for a rehearsal of the Scrooge play.  We got our costumes on Monday, and everyone's outfit is amazing.  The visual look of this show should be quite spectacular.  Eventually, there should be plenty of pictures that I can post.  The acting from everyone in the show is also excellent.  The audience should have a great time.  All four nights of the show are sold out already!

I went to line dancing for an hour and worked up quite a sweat.  Fortunately, the clubhouse where the dancing takes place is next to the pool, so we were able to shower and swim a bit to cool off and relax after the dancing.  We ate a packed lunch poolside in absolutely gorgeous weather.

Next we drove up to Staples so I could get the music for the SOJC choir ready for tonight's rehearsal.  We are starting up again now after the High Holidays, all new music.  It should be fun tonight.  I think Mark is actually joining us this year!

At 3 I had a dentist appointment.  Three of my crowns needed fillings around the base because they were old and chipping and pulling away from the gums.  There was no drilling involved, but there was Novocain and it took a lot longer than I had expected.  I guess I didn't really know what to expect, but I was there 90 minutes.  Anyway, it's all done and over and fine.  Last night I had a Guys and Dolls rehearsal, always fun.

My food was excellent yesterday.  I had only about 1100 calories plus an hour of dancing.  Nice.  This morning I am happy to report my weight is 240.7.  I'm still up three pounds from last Sunday when we left for the cruise, but I'm only up one pound from the last Wednesday weigh-in two weeks ago.  As long as I stay the course and do the right thing, more weight will drop.

This week I will eat all meals at home except for one lunch and one party.  Plus, this Friday we are hosting dinner for 8 for the Shalom Club's progressive dinner.  Mark is cooking an appropriate chicken dish in the crockpot.  Hopefully, I won't overeat that night.  Saturday we are going to another wine tasting party.  When I went the last time, I ate too much cheese and nibbled on too many nuts.  I can only say that I will try to do better this time.  And then on Sunday, we are finally taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour at the Magic Kingdom, which includes lunch out.  We aren't sure where that lunch is because it's part of the package and out of our control, but there will be a LOT of walking on the tour, so I'm sure it won't matter too much about lunch.  Other than that I expect a good week.

Okay, time to go to rehearsal!

No comments:

Post a Comment