Sunday, October 13, 2013

Heading south

Today we are heading south.  We will be driving to Miami Springs shortly after lunch because tomorrow we get on the Carnival Imagination for a four night cruise to Key West and Cozumel.  Nice.  Georganne flew in Thursday evening and got to the house around the same time that Mark and I returned from the Solivita movie.  This time it was the movie about Jackie Robinson, 42.  We really loved it!  So did the entire audience.

Rudy and Georganne treated us out to breakfast at Denny's Friday morning.  Then we sort of split up for the middle of the day because Mark and I had to do our hours in the library.  Rudy and George had some relaxing time around the house and then toured old Kissimmee, looking at the new park area and the old monument tower of the state rocks.  (If you have no idea what that last part means, we'll take you to it whenever you might be here for a visit.)

Meanwhile, yesterday we had fun playing Fantasia Mini-Golf, lunching at Big River Grille in the Boardwalk Resort, and snacking on Tropical Island ice cream.  There's a few pictures at the end of the blog.

On Wednesday, my weight had stayed the same, but by this morning, I'm down two pounds to 237.8  Nice.  My goal is to stay the same between today and Saturday morning when I weigh after we return.  I already outlined by plans for doing that: no seconds at the buffet, limited alcohol, going to the gym, and walking every day.  Hopefully, I'll stick to that plan!  We WILL be eating some Key Lime pie in Key West, though!  How could we not?

I am taking my laptop on the trip, but I won't be posting daily blogs or pictures.  Of course, I will take lots of pictures, but I won't post them until we return.  Our other strategy for keeping costs down on this trip is to limit the minutes on the ship's internet.  That can really rack up your charges! 

Well, Mark's delicious Sunday morning breakfast of homemade low-carb biscuits, scrambled eggs, and vegetarian sausage links is ready!  Time to eat, so time to close out the blog.  Enjoy the pictures from yesterday and have a great week.  I'll check back with you on Saturday!



Every one of us lost the golf ball during the day.  Rudy was first, so this is Georganne and Mark looking for his ball.  It was never found, so he went for a new one.  

Mark was the big winner, only 3 over par!







No comments:

Post a Comment