Saturday, October 19, 2013

Carnival Imagination, definitely a Fun Ship!

We're back!  We had a blast!

This ship was the smallest one we have been on, at least it looked small!  It holds about 2,000 people and the last three cruises we did were on ships holding over 3,000.  Still, there are lots of advantages to this size ship.  For one, it didn't feel like it took all day to walk from bow to stern.  LOL!

Mark and I loved everything about the cruise, the ports, the entertainment, the food, the cabin...EVERYTHING!  I would highly recommend this little four day cruise.  We got a great rate as Florida residents, but it was pretty cheap for everybody.  At the end of the blog are some pictures from the cruise.

Now for the weight report.  Let me recap.  My game plan was to stay the same on this trip.  We were gone a total of six days, Sunday after breakfast through Friday for dinner at home.  I weighed myself  Sunday morning and then again this morning.

OK, I failed miserably in my plan.  I am up 6.8 pounds.  Yes, that's UP nearly SEVEN pounds in SIX days!  I left at 237.8 and this morning I am 244.4, about what I weighed on Sept. 25.

I did much of what I set out to do:
1.  I went into the gym and pumped iron two days.
2.  I walked a mile around the jogging track one day and we walked around Key West and Cozumel.
3.  I said NO to the bread basket at every dinner.
4.  I limited my drinking to one drink per day.
5.  I said NO to dessert at every lunch except the final day when I had melon and two small cookies from the Chocolate Extravaganza.
6.  We played mini-golf once and took the stairs up and down A LOT of times!  Any time the walk was down 1 through 4 flights, we walked.  Any time it was up 1 or 2 flights, we walked.
7.   I went to a spa event on Body Composition Analysis and talked to a counselor about my body fat composition (hahaha!  Very high!) and weight loss.
8.  I stayed away from the self-serve ice cream machines except twice.  Usually I would hit that machine three to four times EVERY day.
9.   I did NOT eat late night pizza with Mark when he went in the buffet three of the four nights for his late night pizza.  On the first night I took some sauteed mushrooms and onions from the hamburger buffet, on the second night I ate a banana, and on the last night I went to the ice cream machine.  The third night was a Mexican Fiesta buffet.  OY!  We both ate what we shouldn't have that night!
10.  I tried to make reasonable choices of food at all the meals, and I thought I was taking small portions of things at the buffet.

At the spa, I learned the average cruiser gains 1 to 2 pounds per day on a cruise.  Clearly, I was the average cruiser this time.  I'm sure there were cruises where I was way above average.  LOL!

OK, here's what I could have done better:
1.  My one drink per day should have been straight whiskey shots on the rocks, not mixed drinks with lots of sugary calories in the mixers.
2.  I could have skipped dessert in the main dining room every night.
3.  I should have skipped the ENTIRE Mexican Fiesta late night buffet on the third night.  It was amazing!  The salmon enchiladas were unique and delicious.  I didn't take a lot of anything, but just eating a FOURTH dinner at 11 p.m. is completely unnecessary.
4.  Clearly, my portions on the breakfast and lunch buffets were not as small or as low -calorie as they should have been.
5.  I should NOT have had chips, salsa, and quesadillas in the restaurant on Cozumel with my giant margarita.  LOL!  Great afternoon snack, for sure!
6.  I should NOT have gone to the afternoon tea on the last day because I ate several sugary dessert portions that afternoon. 

In December we are going on the Celebrity Constellation with our friends the Herschlers and the Oreskys to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary.  We have a free, unlimited drink package on this four day cruise, so there WILL be more than one drink per day!  Also, I have decided that this is a PARTY for our anniversary. I want to enjoy it and eat what I like.  Since I just gained about 7 pounds on this six day trip TRYING to behave, I expect to gain about 20 pounds on a six day trip when I'm eating whatever I want.  Geez, that's a crazy thing to think, but it could happen.

Now I have two months to undo this damage.  Just eating at home most of the time and getting back to swimming and lots of walking will make it possible to undo this fairly quickly. I'm sure the food on the ship had a LOT more sodium in it than we use at home, too.  I expect that I can drop these seven pounds in one or two weeks. 

Today I have a short rehearsal with the hand chime group this morning.  Then Mark and I will go to the gym for our work out.  After lunch we are going to the Cove to listen to a few bands. This is an annual breast cancer fund raiser.  Around 4 p.m. we will head over to Epcot, which always involves lots of walking.  Rudy and Georganne are spending the day at Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival.  We will meet them at 5:30 for the concert and then dinner at the Biergarten buffet in the German pavilion.   Hm...hopefully the walking will help.

OK, time to post pictures from the cruise.  Enjoy!


























No comments:

Post a Comment