Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Finally a Good Day

Today started off poorly in that the diarrhea seemed to return with a vengeance. The doctor had wanted me down to four bowel movements per day in order to be released. I did manage that in the hospital both Sunday and yesterday, but this morning I seemed to be completely out of whack! Between 6 a.m. and 11 a.m., I had six bowel movements. I was worried, but then that seemed to be it for the day. I don't know why it was like that, but I'm glad it seems to be over. Sorry if today's blog has already grossed you out! LOL

The rest of the day was delightful, despite the dark, rainy weather. Mark and I went to Laurel again because we had to pick my anti-nausea drug Emend that is taken with the chemotherapy. I have my fourth chemo infusion tomorrow. That's a milestone because it will mean I'm half way done! Essentially I have not felt well at all since October 28, the day I went into the hospital for the first time. The fact that I could spend the day outside of the house (or hospital) driving, shopping, eating out, and generally enjoying myself almost felt like a miracle.

We also ate out at Burger King because it is National Fast Food Day. Ha Ha! Who knew such a thing existed. I got a veggie burger and Mark got a fish sandwich. Fun. I wanted to get a few odds and ends at Target. While there, I found some wonderful Mickey Mouse themed items for our new Mickey guest room. There was a little trash can, shower curtain holders, and soap dispenser. I can't wait to set them up in the new Florida house! Mark bought a few items in his favorite health food store, also.

I will end today's blog with a book recommendation. My friend Ellen in Buffalo, who sent me the book Humor after the Tumor, also sent the book The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. This book, told through letters, is just delightful. Since it is the story of the German occupation of the Channel Islands during WWII, it certainly has its dark moments, but it is essentially a charming love story. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants an easy and entertaining read. Thanks, Ellen.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    Aah...I am sooo glad that you are home and got the opportunity to run errands today w/your hubby, Mark.
    I hope and pray that tomorrow goes well for you (and Mark).
    Btw, I'm doing this as an email because an error came up saying there was a problem w/the comments.
    Love,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,
    Comments worked because John helped me.
    Love you,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, you're looking so good! Persis Khambatta and Patrick Stewart watch out - maybe you can be the next on the Bridge of the Enterprise! You may not hear from us often but there are a lot of people at Mishkan Torah who are thinking of your recovery.

    Hazak Hazak V’Nithazek
    Dan Lowery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bev,
    Glad John helped to get your comment posted. I really love to read comments!

    Hi Dan,
    Wow, I loved your ST references. Thanks!! Aside from me and Mark, no one else has made them and yet they seem so obvious! LOL Anyway I appreciate the comments, especially the note that lots of people are thinking of me. This sure is turning out to be much harder than I expected it to be. I need everyone's prayers and well-wishes to get through this.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete