Saturday, November 20, 2010

Slow and easy day

I went to bed at 10:30 and didn't get up until nearly 9. Wow! I almost never sleep that long, but I guess I needed it. I read a lot today and played online. I also walked outside by myself for about 10 minutes today. It was a beautiful fall day, not too hot, not too cold, nice and sunny. I only went to the mailbox and back, and it took 10 minutes. That's pretty slow, but I hadn't been out walking in nearly a month, and definitely not alone, so I went slowly on purpose. My legs felt like cement; they just didn't seem to have any strength. I guess that's not too surprising considering I have not been doing anything but sitting and lying down most of the time. It's going to take awhile to build back my strength.

I'm starting to feel very hopeful that I will make it through Thanksgiving at home. The medicine for the C Diff is working nicely. My cyst and athlete's foot both seem to be responding very well to their treatments. My goal was to have them gone by Monday or Tuesday when the white cell counts start to go down. I'm pretty sure that I will meet that goal. Without those two things hanging over my head, I see no other reason why I should develop any fevers unless the company brings me something. I do plan to avoid hugging and kissing, except with Evey! I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist that one! She's arriving Tuesday morning and I can't wait.

In just a little while, one of our friends from Goddard will be coming to visit. We haven't seen Michael for awhile, and it's very nice of him to be driving all the way up here from Greenbelt to visit us. Mark made some special treats yesterday to serve from a Hungry Girl recipe. It's National Peanut Butter Fudge day, so naturally Hungry Girl had her substitution recipe ready. It was brownie mix, a can of pumpkin, and some peanut butter. I just tried a little square for 65 calories, and it wasn't as good as I had hoped. It wasn't bad, but it's definitely not real peanut butter fudge. Sniff. I'll probably eat some more anyway! We also have a nice healthy veggie tray, too. Maybe a cup of hot coffee or tea will make the fudge taste better.

Tomorrow I plan to clean out the refrigerator to make room for the big turkey and all the go-with-its. I like Thanksgiving! We'll have 10 people for dinner Wednesday night and 9 for Thanksgiving itself. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. It will certainly be a lot more fun for me if I'm here and not in the hospital! I plan to do all I can to be sure that happens.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are having a good day today and that you seem to be staying healthy for now. I am thinking of you and hope that preparations continue for a wonderful time at Thanksgiving at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow and easy sounds just right. Now that you have a better handle on how your body operates, you have more of a chance to have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving. And for that we will all give a sigh of thanks. Building up strength for walks, etc. is a good thing--the weather has been extraordinary today--but ... the mantra of slow and easy will keep you safe to go further.

    ReplyDelete