Monday, November 29, 2010

Interesting times

Mark and I really enjoyed our visit yesterday with Nadine and Dick. As always, I am so impressed that people are willing to drive up this far to visit us. We enjoyed conversation and pie! Thanks for the visit.

Today I had a podiatry appointment to trim my toenails. I can't do it myself because I always make a mess of it, and I can't go to the nail salon because of the chemo. I had an appointment for 1:20, or so I thought. We planned the rest of our errands around making it to the doctor's office at 1:20 then heading home. Oops. At 12:15 they called and asked why I had missed my 11:20 appointment. Oh my goodness! They were very gracious and rescheduled it for 3:20, so Mark and I had a long lunch out at Qdoba's and then sat in the parking lot of the mall napping in the car for an hour. Crazy. It also meant a very long drive home in the dark with heavy rush hour traffic. Not fun.

I am somewhat disturbed with one turn of events. I woke up this morning at 4:45 a.m. with diarrhea. I have been in the bathroom 9 times so far today since then. I really feel like the C diff has returned. I was warned that it is hard to conquer. In fact, at shul on Saturday, my friend Lois told me she was worried for me because she thought I would get it again. I guess she was somewhat prophetic. At least I have a scheduled appointment with the oncologist tomorrow at noon. I'll be sure to tell her about this. I'm also trying desperately to drink a lot to keep from getting dehydrated. I hope I get through the night without a fever or anything bad happening. I'd like to see the doctor in her office tomorrow as opposed to the ER tonight.

I also wrote the first draft of my 30 facts about me. I'm not sure it's ready for publication yet, but I'm warning you that it will be coming on Facebook and the blog pretty soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm nervous for you. Hope you make it to your appointment tomorrow--but my feeling is--if you don't feel well, call the doctor. Maybe she can see you earlier. I hope for your sake it's not the C diff. I'll watch for your 30 facts. Still trying to come up with a few for me.

    ReplyDelete