Thursday, November 4, 2010

Koala or Kangaroo?


I just couldn't resist sharing a little more that I learned about Bartholin Cysts. If they are really bad and recur too frequently (which I do not think mine do), then there is a surgical procedure to change the anatomy in such a way that they will never happen anymore. For some women I'm sure that would be very medically necessary, but NOT FOR ME! I do not plan to explain any of it here, but it has a funny name, marsupialization. Hm...does that mean they are going to turn you into a marsupial? So then I had to think which one would I want to be? A koala bear? A kangaroo? Both are very cute, but I think I would go with the koala. I already enjoy the smell of eucalyptus anyway. What about you? Which marsupial would you want to be? LOL

The picture today is me on the couch the day we came home from the hospital. I was tired and cold, so I wrapped my head up in two scarves and fell asleep. Mark and Cindy found it amusing and snapped this picture. When I awoke and saw the picture, I laughed, too. I think I look like I'm laying on a bench in Ellis Island, ca 1919, looking like I just got off a boat from Poland, wearing my babushka. Probably not my best look!

Today is rainy and dark. I went to bed about 12:30 last night because I was waiting to take the antibiotic. I got up my usual time or two during the night and then slept in until 9:09 a.m. That's a new record for me. My goodness, if I'm not careful I'll be sleeping until noon at this rate. I am blaming it on the chemo, which left me feeling very, very tired and more queasy than usual yesterday. It probably also is still catch-up sleep from time lost in five nights in the hospital. Dark and rainy contributed as well. It was a perfect storm for oversleeping!

Yesterday's chemo round 3 went very well. My port was already accessed, so I walked in feeling very good about it. Piece of cake! We left at 4 p.m., but I felt extremely tired and very queasy. It was more like the first time than the second time. Cindy and Mark both commented that I was "very perky" following the second one, but no one was accusing me of that this time. I took several other anti-nausea drugs when I got home and just sat like a slug, nodding off, in my chair. That's OK. It chemotherapy! It's what you have to do sometime.

Today should be low-key. Mark and I will catch up on some TV shows that we missed, watching them on the computer. I also have to go to the bank and go back to the hospital for my Neulasta shot for the CBC. (Ssh...I'm two for two on those without having any bad symptoms after it. I'm going for the third today and hoping for the same symptom-free result.) Then we'll hurry home to meet Lowell for more episodes of How I Met Your Mother, dinner, then Big Bang Theory, and Bleep My Father Says. I love Thursdays!

More good news! Evey is coming here for Thanksgiving! YAY!! She called me while I was in the hospital. She's flying over on Tuesday, arriving early, and staying until her flight out in the evening on Friday. She's doing these overnight red-eyes that would totally exhaust me, but she's young and can do it. Eric is being sent with his Apple team to China and will be gone on Thanksgiving, so that freed her up to come here. I can't tell you how excited I am!! This will be such a spirit booster for me.

Thanks again to everyone who has sent me such nice comments, emails, and phone calls. The love and support just continues to come to me, and I feel very blessed. If I have to go through this trial, it's wonderful knowing I'm going through it with so many loving friends and family members.

5 comments:

  1. Becky,
    Your picture is cute. I don't think that it looks bad. I am not surprised that you are more tired and nauseated with this round of chemo since you have been through so much this week. Hopefully you will start feeling stronger in a few days. Have a good low-key day today with your husband. Good luck with the neulasta shot and then you will be able to enjoy the rest of your day hopefully. That is wonderful that your daughter gets to come for Thanksgiving--something else to look forward to.

    I didn't get a chance to tell you yet that I loved both of the albums of pictures that you e-mailed me before I went on vacation to Branson. Since we went with friends we didn't get a chance to go to the Roy Rogers museum, but I mentioned it to my husband and we are going to try and go back to Branson in April and visit it then. Thanks again for all of your support for me. I really appreciate being able to chat with you online. Take care.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda,
    It's good to hear from you again. Sadly that museum is gone now and all the contents were auctioned off to various other museums around the country. We were heartbroken since it was so nice that all that stuff was in one place and owned/administered by his son. Still we are glad we got to go. Now you can hear Dusty and his group sing, but in some other theater instead. I would definitely recommend that if you have a chance when you get back.

    I also love chatting with you online!

    Take care yourself!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my brother had some other b work cyst over his butt crack that got lanced. Not what you have. DUH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so he's always been a boy! I was pretty sure he was. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oppossum is only marsupial found in North America. That said, I vote koala, too. Like the pic. Think you look bundled up and relaxed. Sleep is good.

    Infection, antibiotics, hospital stay, chemo (on schedule) and you're not perky. Hmmm. Think you need to cut yourself a little more slack.

    ReplyDelete