Sunday, November 21, 2010

Planning for Thanksgiving

My slow and easy day yesterday was lovely. We enjoyed a relaxed visit with our friend Michael, whom we had not seen for quite awhile. I felt very happy that he made the effort to drive up here. There was sort of a spiritual relief of fatigue while he was here. It was interesting. Thanks, Michael.

Other than the visit and my brief 10 minute walk, I spent the day reading, watching TV, or using my laptop. I felt tired and really had a very low energy level all day. Still, I am feeling confident that I can stay home for Thanksgiving. I finished the book I was reading on my Kindle and then had some fun loading up five more new books on it. It always seems so miraculous that I can just click on my laptop and in a few seconds see a new book show up in the Kindle. Amazing.

Today I have one major plan, clean out the refrigerator. The refrigerator in this house is kind of small, so I need to throw things out and rearrange things in order to make room for our kosher turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. Mark is picking up a pre-cooked, kosher meal on Wednesday at noon, and right now there is no place in that fridge to put any of it! No matter how low my energy level is today, I really need to get that job done. Mark is doing more shopping today for things we need between now and Wednesday, so that will require refrigerator space as well. It should be quite a magic trick to make everything fit.

If I still have any energy left after the refrigerator project, I plan to spend time shopping for Hanukkah and Christmas presents online. I have never been this late at shopping for Hanukkah. It starts next Wednesday night, and I think I will be giving Mark and Lowell some IOU's instead of actual gifts. Oh, well...I think I've been a little bit busy this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment